Pittsburgh Steelers 2022

What a waste of 3:40 of my weekend.

Ben is not the answer next year at QB. Mason is not the answer next year at QB. Haskins? Maybe, but probably not. Maybe we’ll see more of him later in the year.

Pickett? Will he be available?

I believe the accurate description of the Steelers performance today against the Lions is “clusterfuck”.

Steelers need to draft DL and OL before they worry about QB. And probably ILB and CB as well. And probably WR.

But otherwise they have great depth, right?

Apparently not, when you’re using Ray Ray McCloud…a new QB isn’t going to move the needle for this team right now

Ben, at times, was clearly not happy with the play-calling. First time I noticed a public reaction from him.

D is banged up so the outcome was predictable.

Bush is not playing well. Yea, I know, for football players,…It takes 18-24 months for a knee to completely heal. His 5th year won’t be picked up. If only they had Devin White…

The offensive line sucks. End of story.

Hard to win when Cam Heyward is the only player on D…

Not sure if it’s the knee injury or a product of poor DL play in front of him, but Devin Bush is a ghost. Hardly even notice he’s out there anymore

1 Like

Yeah Steelers have a multitude of issues but Ben also isn’t near as crisp and accurate w his passes this season…part of it is due to pass rush pressure but I think he should probably retire after this season.

2 Likes

This was Chris Hoke on The Fan last week, after the Lions ran for 229 yards:

“You watch Devin Bush. I don’t want to pile on the guy, because other guys struggled at times, too. But it was a consistent lack of physicality. … I played with a guy who was undersized that wasn’t as athletic as (Bush), that came from his school — Michigan. Larry Foote. Larry Foote could hit and shed, and that’s what we need. Devin Bush needs to play football, and that’s physical, downhill, not side to side, not going backwards. It’s taking your key and flying to the ball, and you can’t get blocked every single time an O-lineman touches you. I haven’t seen (Bush) defeat a block by an offensive lineman yet.”

Spot on.

RE Ben…I also think this should be his last year. But ironically, in the last five games, his numbers are good.

They drafted Bush to cover people, and he can’t cover people.

1 Like

9 TDS. 0 INT his last 5 games. Ben isn’t the problem.

The biggest problem is the OL. Watch them closely for awhile; Kendrick Green especially is getting walked back into the backfield on a regular basis. I’ll give the defense a pass for last night. At times there were 4 guys on defense who I had never heard of and a lot of backups.

Our old friend Sam Sloman signed to the practice squad.

Ebron and Hassenauer to IR.

1 Like

This front seven is charmin soft

Just don’t have the talent on this defense….

Ugh, gonna be a long afternoon