Someone had to do it…and SOMEONE HAD TO HAVE IT DONE AGAINST THEM…bummer it had to be Miami.
I beat the spread on three of my four Draft King bets yesterday: Austin Peay, Western Michigan, and Memphis. The one I lost was Miami to cover at Pitt. And it wasn’t even close!
I get the disappointment. But we need to remember:
Among current 2026 FBS head coaches with at least 10 completed seasons as an FBS head coach, Martin has the worst career regular-season nonconference winning percentage, now at 11–34 (24.4%) thanks to yesterday’s debacle.
The only way to change this is changing the coach.
The swim team wants nothing to do with this mess.
Sad, but true.
Excellent.
10.0
I am so sick of Chuck and his give up mentality I OOC games. I knew after reading his pathetic comments that we would get blown out (as usual).
I am not among those here that think being pretty good in the MAC is OK while getting slaughtered in OOC FBS games for the most part. We lose most of our bowl games, too.
It’s such a risk those. I’d argue there’s likely an 85% chance we get someone worse than Chuck if we get rid of him. The scenario would have to line up perfectly for Miami.
Sayler would have to be deaf, dumb and blind to go out and end up hiring a coach worse than Chuck. There are dozens of very good non-FBS head coaches and FBS assistant coaches that would welcome the opportunity to come to Oxford as the HC and make a name for themselves as a stepping stone in their career. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Chuck has shown he is not changing anytime soon
He can redeem himself and go 3-0 next 3 games and not kowtow in his pregame speeches. Hopefully Pitt goes on to be dominant in the ACC.
The Pitt qb was the highest rated qb in week 1 in all of college football. While we definitely could’ve played better, I think there’s a high probability we simply ran into a buzz saw
I dont understand your point? Can you help me?
I don’t understand how watching other MAC teams be competitive (and win) on the largest stages against P4 teams isn’t a wake up call for Chuck to try harder because it is absolutely possible for us to pull off these upsets and it’s embarrassing to see other teams do well while we get destroyed on the same day.
On the other hand I do think it’s a pipe dream this idea that Miami could jump to be a P4 team that people are floating around (prove me wrong I guess). And the risk of firing your coach who who has brought the team to 4/6 of the last conference championship games and 3 in a row for the gamble that we can get someone better to make us a bottomfeeder in the ACC is not the best route for the program imo. I don’t see how people watch that game yesterday and think Chuck is the only thing holding us back from being able to compete in a better conference.
Maybe I just don’t see the vision though…
What would it take for the ACC to say yes to Miami? Including but beyond football, basketball and the rest of the athletic department.
I think it is more than just this but am curious to see what others have to say would be, if any, a fuller criteria.
If he hid everything from film and it enables us to best UC, then all will be forgiven in my mind
I’m sending Chuck Martin an invoice for this hangover.
CM is still coaching as if he is back in 2015 range - he has not changed his approach to the game and he stresses he is comfortable approaching a game the same way he also has - he plays not to lose ( or not lose big which obviously did not work yesterday ). He plays a defensive game of a soft zone oriented approach hoping the opposing team will make a mistake and that his DE’s can put strong pressure on the opposing QB. He gives up a considerable TOP to the other team and puts max pressure on our D by their excessive time on the field. On offense he believes in big chunk pass plays ( esp deep fade routes ) He has no interest in a short pass/ run oriented possession game . He is very predictable and easy to coach against. Contrast that with how well Pitt used the short pass game and also the great success WMU has with that type of game plan. He is not going to change and he is not going to be hired away for a big time HC job - why do you think he still is in Oxford? No interest from anyone else is why. We will continue to beat weak to average MAC teams on our talent but CM cannot take us to the next level. The lack of future financial support for FB may force him out but in the interim we have to accept a losing record against good OOC teams , a 5-3 / 6-2 type record in the MAC ( hopefully )and a declining interest in Miami FB.
Sad but true.
Miami opened its season 0-1 for the sixth consecutive year. Excluding the pandemic-abbreviated 2020 when it opened in November, the RedHawks haven’t won their first matchup since 2015.
