PGA what a mess

I didn’t see anywhere that he was let go, only disciplined.

He doesn’t appear to have the best track record. Nothing overly serious but a lot of repeated incidents of carelessness, not performing his duties.

Gillis was suspended for five days for “conduct unbecoming” for driving “an intoxicated civilian in your police vehicle” and “proceeding to doing ‘donuts’ in a business parking lot,” according to a Sept. 18, 2013, memo by then-Chief Steve Conrad.

He was also disciplined for pursuing “a vehicle that did not commit a violent felony or wanted on a warrant,” according to a June 9, 2021, memo by [then-Chief Erika Shields]

Gillis was found “at fault” for accidents on May 22, 2021, and Aug. 6, 2019, that led to oral reprimands.

Gillis was also found to be “at fault” for a Dec. 1, 2013, accident that led to an oral reprimand and mandatory driver’s training.

The officer was hit with one-day suspensions in both 2010 and 2011 for failing to show up to court. That was followed by a four-day ban in 2012 for continuing to miss court appearances, documents showed.

1 Like

You are correct. I had read that he was removed online but it was false. This is why you can’t trust People Magazine!

Apologies for my mistake. But I’ll never quit People!

:eyes:

Soylent Green is people!!

2 Likes

It actually makes great sense when you use it as a tagline for the pub the way you did. People read People to feast on gossip about people. It’s a closed loop. People are eating people when they read People. Thus, People mag is Soylent Green.

1 Like

What the video didn’t show was the exchange when the vehicle was hidden by the bus

If the only exchange was when the vehicle was in full view….i don’t get it……how did the cop hurt his wrist, knee and tear his pants in that segment?

2 Likes

According to Police, the alleged dragging incident happened before this video shows anything. But without video evidence, hard to say how it remains a felony although it’s the cop’s word vs. Scotty’s. (and the “evidence” of his torn up pants)

1 Like

Not torn up pants. But rather pants that were damaged “BEYOND REPAIR”!! Felonious stuff there!

Cops have ligaments that sprain when someone sneezes in their general direction.

1 Like

Maybe this one did. But the vast majority bravely serve and protect you and I.

2 Likes

Oh I’ve met a bad cop once. My friend had a bachelor party and one of his buddies hired a cop named “Officer Easy” to show up. Officer Easy was a bad, bad cop. Dare I say even a somewhat tawdry cop. Great dancer though.

2 Likes

And grew up playing soccer? :soccer:

An extremely broad generalization, which is unfair. And, it’s defamatory to many good cops, some who are killed in the line of duty.

2 Likes

Double M, given your legal background, I want to ask: do you think there’s a case here? I am suprised they haven’t settled yet. What happens next? Does Scottie clean house or is it possible there’s a counter I’m missing. Very intrigued to see how this plays out.

I don’t like to make a definitive answer without reviewing any other video, the pants, his alleged wrist and knee injuries. The video that was posted makes me very doubtful that the det isn’t at least embellishing his story. Or, it’s a nice way of saying he’s lying. His history of bad acts while an officer greatly increases the likelihood he’s, at best, a “bad apple” and has little to no credibility.
He’d be a joy to cross examine, or call as an adverse witness by the plaintiff in order to cross on direct.
I’ll sum up by speculating that plaintiff’s firms are lined up to represent him Scottie. I can’t believe they intend to run a full blown criminal case against him… So, yea, lacking a great deal of supporting direct and documentary evidence supporting the det, my impression is that Scottie has a solid case. Proving the extent of damages incurred by Scheffer could be a problem.
But it appears the prosecutor feels the best defense is an aggressive offense. Good with that. Maybe the prosecutor just wants a cooling off period before proceeding. Agree to a major payment that is sealed and entered very quietly.

1 Like

Well written. Well said. I follow horses, so I admire those like you who know about real shit on this forum. We have a ton of attorneys here and I love reading the logic you all put forth as I get smarter versus most days when I read the news and I get dumber. I am grateful for our family here. We are a bunch of insane, dysfunctional lunatics, but what I read here is better than most shit I read most days. Save for People. Nothing tops that. Soon, I will ask Ballcoach for his football prediction and get off this topic. Candidly, I’m equal parts excited and a little nervous. The last four years, he’s not been wrong. Then onto hoops and hockey. Men’s sports are trending up.

2 Likes

I have to admit that “cops are pussies” isn’t a take I expected to see in this thread.

Well we know of one in Louisville who is, at least.

Not sure that anything that happened reveals that he is a “pussy”. He certainly appeared to be willing to get into it with Scottie. An asshole, rogue cop who should not have a badge and, most importantly, a gun. But a pussy? He might be the toughest guy in the department. But, he is, without question, a slap dick MF’er.

1 Like

Well said.
Quick story: When Louisville had one of their recent “ civil unrests” a couple of years ago I had only one customer that I would physically visit in downtown Louisville….the LPD SWAT HQ was in the same city block!
If you think you might need police it’s good to know they’re around.