Oxford Restaurant Recommendations

The Deli you mention is good for a close to football ice run.

Reading this thread, I’m guessing Anthony Bourdain never made a visit to Oxford.

1 Like

I doubt any New York-trained chef ever worked in a kitchen in Oxford, never mind Bourdain. There is zero Italian food there worth eating and unless something opened since I was last on campus and uptown in 2021 the pizza was, well, not worth eating. But then again when I want pizza I drive the nine miles to the Bronx.

2 Likes

No original Ray’s?

OK, it was Mississippi.

2 Likes

Paesano’s is good. On S.Campus 1 block from the Goggin. Get there early.No reservations.

4 Likes

No reservations…good segue from Bourdain posts.

3 Likes

Looks like Eric’s Pizza in nearby Darrtown has closed. I never went but a lot of people said it was good.

It always cracked me up that pizza and bait were on the same sign.

1 Like

Reily Pizza - haven’t been in years but I thought it was better than any in Oxford.

2 Likes

We’ve been a couple times the past few years. Not bad.

Once or twice a year we’ll pick up Chester’s in Hamilton and tailgate either at a park near McGonigle if it’s nice out or the Goggin garage.

1 Like

For those who’ve never heard of Reily’s Pizza, here’s the map link and information on it

https://maps.app.goo.gl/Rfz4URMRqDnAyyia8?g_st=ic

2 Likes

Oh yeah…Reily is solid!

1 Like

They do play both kinds of music.

1 Like

1 Like

Probably a good call to post that. A couple people on here may have been born after 1975.

Speaking of Darrtown, whatever happened to Darrtown Dawg?

Lol, I was thinking the same thing when I saw that about the pizza and bait shop.

Everyone will be back when football makes a major bowl and the hockey and men’s and women’s bouncyball teams all make the NCAA Tournament this spring!

1 Like