Other college football games 2024

That might’ve been the dumbest 3rd and 1 playcall ever and northwestern lose

3 Likes

I totally agree. NW pounded the rock all overtime and it is 3rd and 1 from the 3 and they go qb wide. Absolutely terrible

2 Likes

And Mike Wright had been horrible all game both throwing and running

That game made me even more annoyed about last weekend’s game. This bleh performance from Duke and Northwestern showed how much of a winnable game we had to open the season.

5 Likes

And Don Treadwell is smiling somewhere.

1 Like

Watching the offensive ineptitude that was Duke-Northwestern and realizing that Duke won the game almost makes me question what kind of team we’ve actually got this year. Hopefully, the less than stellar performance at Northwestern was just indicative of our pattern of not being sharp in openers.

Given that pattern, we really should try to do what many teams are doing now and play our FCS game in either Week 0 or Week 1.

3 Likes

Yes - I have been talking with DICK & some others, and I think that Miami should open every season at home against “Little Sisters of the Poor”

4 Likes

Like Tennessee opened at home against UT-Chattanooga.

2 Likes

He was horrible last week, too. We just let him get away with it.

1 Like

Northwestern blew it, though given their track record they’ll somehow stumble to 9-3 or something like when they won the Big Ten West the same season they lost to Akron. Unfortunately their path to Indy is next to impossible now with the divisionless format and the Pac additions.

In other news, I think Western Illinois might be one of the worst FCS teams I’ve ever seen. Lost 77-3 to Indiana last night, that program hasn’t won a game since October 2021. As if having to live in Macomb, Illinois wasn’t enough punishment.

3 Likes

WIU’s first year coach apparently just threw something together this season. Has 9 MAC transfers plus another 20-25 from JC, D3, D2 HBCU D2, and NAIA. One kid is from Heidelberg and another is from New Mexico Militsry Indtitute in Socorro.

NIU beat them 54-15 last week. They’re a hot mess.

Can we schedule an annual matchup with WIU?

Bowling green is up 24-20 against #8 Penn State :eyes:

3 Likes

UC kicking Pitt’s ass - 17-6 at the half.

1 Like

Hook ‘em!

1 Like

Cincinnati with just a horrible last 30 seconds of the half. Missed a 25 yard field goal then Pitt caught a ball on the 36 yard line with 1 second left and no timeouts, but there were 2 injured Cincinnati players so it gave them a 53 yard field goal attempt which they made with a roughing the center penalty on UC which will be enforced on the 2nd half kickoff so they will kick to Pitt from the 20. 17-6 halftime

1 Like

I’ve been pretty underwhelmed by both Pitt and UC so far

Dante Corileone was cleared to play today.

BG with 23 yd sack of Allar on 3rd down

Allar had several chances to throw it away. I realize it’s 3rd down and he’s trying to make a play but save the 23 yards and punt.

2 Likes