Other college football games 2024

43 FBS teams play an FCS opponent this weekend. That has to be a record for week one. The closest spread is Eastern Illinois at Illinois - which astoundingly is a Pick ‘em.

The biggest spread in all of college football this weekend is Ohio State over Akron at 50.5. That might be worth a bet, as the Buckeyes will probably shelve most of their ones and twos by halftime.

Yep, it is a record: x.com

“Including Week 0, 61 FBS-FCS games in Week 1.
47 was the previous high, dating back to 2010.”

1 Like

Weird footnote: When Washington and Weber State kick off in Seattle on Saturday, it will mark the first time in history that a B1G team has kicked off a HOME game at 11 o’clock Eastern.

1 Like

I’ll be at one of those tonight when FBS ranked NC State plays FCS ranked Western Carolina. Should be a barn burner, lol. Just what I need before our game on Sat!

1 Like

Not sure if mention elsewhere, but appears that Aveon lost the QB battle for opening day starter at Alabama A&M. They open at Auburn.

Guess Alabama A&M hates winners who win games.

4 Likes

Can he transfer back to Oxford? It’s still early enough in the semester.

1 Like

:eyes:

1 Like

Catamounts hanging tough!

In his second year at Murray State, Joe Humphreys has yet to see the field. He is on the roster but not listed in the 3 deep list of QB the Racers took to Mizzou.

Rashad Amos sitting at #3 on the depth chart at Ole Miss.

2 Likes

That is a bummer for Amos. Hopefully he got paid well to go there or else his agent chose poorly. Also hopefully, he ends up with a degree somewhere, especially with credits from 3 different schools.

2 Likes

I watched quite a bit of that game and Western outplayed NCState for 3 quarters.

2 Likes

Agree.NC State’s depth finally wore the Catsmounts down a bit in the fourth. WCU was still fighting all the way to the final buzzer. Several FCS teams really held their own this weekend so far - Montana State, Western Carolina, NDSU and Sac State.

1 Like

I was very impressed with ND State. Coach Prime may be in for another rough year…that being said…Steelers probably need to “Suck for Shadur” this year

I figured that was going to be tough for Colorado. Hell, from NDSU’s perspective, that isn’t even close to being the most important game of the year and they weren’t going to be intimidated by an FBS team coming off a 4-8 record.

Shedeur looked good. He’s definitely added weight (which was needed with the beating he took last year) and he got the ball out quickly on just about every pass, which seems to indicate he knows he still has a terrible OL, even with the revolving door that is Colorado’s program-building strategy.

2 Likes

Amos best chance for the NFL was returning to Miami and being in the spotlight again in my opinion. He may see very few touches of the football this year.

7 Likes

Hey, maybe Shadeur can hang out with Bronny and talk about how their dads are great players!

The MAC beat up a bunch of FCS teams last night

Bowling Green over Fordham 41-17
Toledo over Duquesne 49-10
Central Michigan over Central Connecticut State 66-10
Buffalo over Lafayette 30-13

3 Likes

WMU has a chance to plant the flag tonight vs. Wisconsin.

I’m too confident about the chances of seeing the conference flag in this one.

1 Like

Duke is playing Elon. Elon’s QB has this as his bio:

2018 — Georgia
2019-2021 — TCU
2022 — Louisiana Tech
2023-present — Elon

So he’s been at 4 schools in 7 years. Traveling back for Homecoming is going to be really expensive for this guy each year.

3 Likes