Other college football games 2024

#3 Oregon is only up 17-14 against FCS Idaho!

1 Like

Texas Tech going to OT vs FCS Abilene Christian!

1 Like

Man, Amos really blew it!

3 Likes

Dang Texas Tech wins 52-51 Abilene Christian went for 2 and the win and could not convert

1 Like

I never imagined that Gage and Rashad would leave Miami and end up not being significant contributors to their new P5 teams. So ironic how they may have killed their NFL draft aspirations and ours to be the top G5 team this year.

2 Likes

Good for Abilene Christian for going for the win. I’m guessing that would have been our fate (going for 2) if we found the end zone on the last drive.

Chuck mentioned having a chance to go to OT in his post game press conference so I don’t think so

1 Like

Watching the presser now. Yeah, interesting. That seemed like prime “go for the win” time.

When we got to around mid field I texted some people the following:

“If we get a TD go for 2

LOL Chuck would never do that”

Hello Kiffin, goodbye playing time

2 Likes

Needed Amos and Nicholson yesterday

1 Like

Montana St stands alone as the only FCS or G5 sch to win punching above weight. Prob least number of upsets in wk 0/1 I can remember. Will be interesting to see if/how this continues. Rich getting richer or coincidence?

I think there is are differences though

One game was 52-51 and the other game would have been 13-12

Secondly and maybe more importantly in the Tech game if AB christian gets it they win

In our game if we had scored with like a minute left then NW would now know they have to score to win and call plays accordingly. If it is tied they have to be cautious because they wouldn’t want to give the ball back

He went for two at Army and Kent State in OT when he didn’t need to, I wouldn’t rule it out completely if there was less than 30 seconds left. But would probably go for the PAT knowing that if we got the touchdown the momentum would be firmly on our side.

2 Likes

And both of those were the absolute last play of the game and the kent score was 48-47

I think it would have been stupid to go for two if we had scored. Through out the game we had demonstrated no ability on short yardage situations. Plus NW had missed their last FGA and almost missed a short one earlier. We would have had a better chance winning in OT than going for Two.

4 Likes

Congrats to last year’s FCS opponent Del State on winning their first FCS game in a long, long time.

Unlike the other guys, I don’t think Aveon is missing out on a chance to star here.

1 Like

Maybe it was just my total lack of confidence in the yesterday. It seems weird to say “go for two” with little to no confidence in the offense but I think one play from 2 yards out would have been more likely than trying to score again from the 25, especially if we scored with little to no time for Northwestern to try to get in position for a game-winning field goal.

Of course, it’s all moot anyway.

Eerily similar feeling to 2003, especially with the week 2 bye after a disappointing performance against the Big Ten in week 1. A lot to fix during this off week.

Always good to see Brian Kelly lose.

3 Likes