Other college football games 2024

Toledo. Well done.

This Toledo team is so much better now than last week. There is a real chance they will go 12-0 this season.

1 Like

Toledo up 35-10 in Starksville, MS

Kent State down 65-0 early in the 3rd quarter at Rocky Top

Toledo up 38-17 over Miss State late in the fourth quarter…UT threatening but may just try to run out the clock…check that, they are kicking a 33 yard FG, and it’s…good!

41-17 Rockets w a minute left.

2 Likes

It’s a final 41-17… Rockets dominated the game from the beginning, and now will be a clear favorite to win the MAC.

1 Like

Since people only point out the inverse, I figure it’s worth mentioning that UCF scored a TD, went for two, converted, scored another TD, and kicked a PAT to go up by one with 30 seconds left.

3 Likes

…and won

2 Likes

Still didn’t like the 4th down play call w 4th and 4 and wondered if we shouldn’t have kicked a FG to put more pressure on UC’s next possession. Who knows??

3 Likes

My whole group was yelling Kick it, Kick it! Our offense, vs this Level of competition, has shown Zero ability to run the ball, especially inside the 10 or in short yardage situations. That is also why going for two down 14 was the wrong call for our team. Chuck knows and understands what analytics tell you, but last season he showed that he also understands that analytics are based on the average team and last year time and time again he would go against analytics and punt the ball instead of kicking a 50 yard field goal because he knew we would put a punt down inside the 10 and the defense would hold them. That showed real insight. Yesterday Ithink both calls were the wrong calls for our team vs that defense.

3 Likes

You are absolutely correct. I am in Vermont and you probably heard my “kick it” scream. Play to YOUR strength. Analysis of your team is more important than overall analysis. What can YOU do?

3 Likes

What about Top 25 ranked NIU?

1 Like

They even moved up from last week. Toledo is receiving votes too

1 Like

Bye week for NIU. They were ranked 23rd in the AP today …still not even close to being ranked on the Coaches poll.

Conspiracy for ignoring well deserved votes? Hmmmm

2 Likes

NIU has to go to NC State but have a home game with Toledo, and an interesting road games in Oxford and BG.

1 Like

The coaches’ poll has no bearing on anything anymore. Let the SIDs or their junior staffers enjoy filling them out.

The top 4 teams (NIU, Toledo, BG, and Miami) all play each of the other three.

2 Likes

Tucker Gleason, Toledo’s QB, is a transfer but not a new one. He started at Georgia Tech in 2020 but only played in two or three games. He’s been at Toledo since 2021 and knows their offense well. He played significantly a couple years ago when Finn got hurt and started their Arizona Bowl game last season. He had a career day in Stark Vegas last Saturday.

App State got absolutely waxed at home by South Alabama tonight. Aguilar looked terrible. Threw a 97 yard pick at the USA goal line right before the half. Final score was 48-14. Mountaineers got their second TD with under a minute to play.

USA lost to OU in Athens two weeks ago, playing without their starting QB.

App State has been shut out 65-0 in three first quarters this season.

What happened in Boone?

Dear God, Marshall plays Ohio State tomorrow? I root for three teams. Miami and whoever is playing either Marshall or Ohio State.

Is it wrong to root for a seismic event at Ohio Stadium tomorrow?

2 Likes