Northwestern tickets

We haven’t forgotten you missmiami. You’re the squad leader for this covert operation. Godspeed.

1 Like

I recently posted that MU tics for this game were from $211 to $460. I was just cruising and saw the Stubhub site for NWern tics. I was just a little off at $460. Three seats together in sec E-12, row 1, are going to cost the lucky purchaser (if there is one crazy enough) $8,972. EACH!! Very deep pockets for that lucky fan. I hope we have a few in that area, intended for our AD/Pres/whoever, b/c the price of poker just went way up.
Sorry, guys, but you can see the game well from a $460 seat!

I contacted the Chicago alumni group about tickets and activities surrounding the game. Never received a reply.
Either Miami Athletics has dropped the ball or Northwestern is not giving us any tickets (or waiting for the week before the game)

1 Like

Communication, communication, communication is the life blood of continued support. Period. No excuses.

3 Likes

This is spot on. While it’s probably NU causing the issue, we’re perpetuating it with radio silence.

I assume they’re renegotiating the allotment for an additional fee … but why not tell us?

3 Likes

Ummm, got an email from a NU ticket rep about setting up a call to discuss season tickets :grimacing:. Pretty sure I checked the waitlist box for single game tix and noted Miami game specifically.

Latest email from NU about season tix had this about single game…

“Note - Single game tickets (subject to inventory availability) will go on sale August 2nd.”

It’s about time!

1 Like

We are ordering 4 tickets today. Individual ticket cost is $93.85, which is basically double what we paid 2 years ago for a game in a real stadium. The seats will be in a Miami section in the end zone. We got a code from the Miami ticket office and have to get them through Northwestern. None the less, I am thrilled that We are going.

4 Likes

I guess that when tickets are extremely limited in number, one way to make up the difference is to double the price. $94 for an end zone seat? Sure, why not. Nice of them to be fair and not take advantage of a bad situation they created. They know those Miami (and other school fans) will shell out the money and be grateful for the opportunity.
Their conduct seems to get more despicable by the day.

What’s the over and under on the number of porto-johns Northwestern will have for fans? Given the way Northwestern has screwed this up my guess is that there’s going to be A LOT of public urination behind trees and cars.

1 Like

Lots of wet tires.

1 Like

I prefer the endzone seats over the 50 yard line. The view from the endzone is how the players see the game. The 50 yard line is how the bench warmers see the game.

1 Like

Thats what the lake is for!

The problem is when you sit in the end zone, when the ball is at the other end, it’s tough to watch how plays start, develop, and end. With the end zone and other rows in front of you, plus another 80-100 yds downfield, it’s a long way to see what happens.
However, one of my favorite home games was against Marshall and Randy Moss. We got to Yager when only end zone seats were available. Moss was an AA. A great player. But our small DB (can’t remember his name) was all over him. It was getting late and Moss could not catch a ball even though it was thrown well by Pennington. He was so frustrated by the coverage, he was visibly pissed and at that point was out of the game mentally. A full house and to beat them was, obviously, memorable. So yea–I see merits to sitting in the end zone.

1 Like

Lamark Woolfork DB

Moss was primarily covered that day in 1997 by Jamie Taylor from Western Hills.

2 Likes

While Moss did beat us for one long touchdown that day I distinctly remember him being so fatigued and frustrated that he just stood at the line of scrimage on multiple snaps.

2 Likes

Grumpy - I thought Jamie Taylor was from Princeton High School.

That’s the name I couldn’t remember! One very tough, but small, kid. Had a great game that day. Thanks–it was driving me nuts trying to remember.