NIU Week 2022

Nobody gets “run off the board.” Some people don’t like engaging in dialogue that challenges their personal perspective. Some choose to express opinions but are unwilling to publicly offer any justification for them. With the overwhelming majority of us there is a wholesome give and take, even when we disagree.

3 Likes

what’s snow forecast looking like on gameday…

1 Like

Pound the rock!

1 Like

Coach covering some of the frustration and owning it…

1 Like

Yep. Actually acknowledging what we’ve been observing - not getting it done.

I watched part of it…frustration expressed about our inability to convert on 3rd and 4th downs but the portions I watched didn’t have any comment about play selection…did he ever acknowledge our lack of creativity in our play calling on critical downs?

1 Like

Not play calling per say…
But yes, talked about 3rd downs and that they are not 3 and 15s…but 3rd and 4s (sort of dig on offensive coaches), and we need to fix that!

Did you want him to diagram some plays, lol?

Said we are not use to losing in MAC, and “we” includes fans…and he gets it.

Gotta give him credit for owning it…frustration is all over his face.

1 Like

He seems for the first time to be feeling some heat in the seat.

2 Likes

Yes he looked very uncomfortable and not at all cocky like sometimes.

2 Likes

Going to be frigid in DeKalb tonight. Snowing there all day but a 30% chance at game time and tapering off during the following three hours. 30 degrees at kickoff but will probably get colder snd windier behind the snow storm. We better be able to pound the frozen rock.

Miami has rushed for under a 100 yards the last four games. Hope that changes tonight.

2 Likes

Maybe tonight is the night we light the “Brunson Burner”.

(By now, you see what I did there and you are jealous of the excellence. Use that feeling to motivate yourself to greatness.)

2 Likes

Tonight’s success or failure rests squarely on the shoulders of our offensive line. It’s probably not the right night for a long- overdue radical transformation of the offensive Koehler offense.

1 Like

You had help…give it up closet Mavs/NBA fan, I’m on to you Yellow :wink:

PS…I mean Jordan could play last two and it essentially does not count if they wanted to red-shirt, right?

1 Like

That is tremendous! I love the art. F’ing great. I wish our school graphics did illustrations of recruits like that. Absolute fire. Ps, I loved Dallas when Frank Drebin (I mean Del Harris was coach and Nick Van Smack played pg.)

Despite what the announcers said last night, BG does not control their destiny. Buffalo, Ohio, and BG can all still win the east. I wondered about that when they said it last night, then checked it out. Then I checked the MAC board and somebody else has already posted it. Ohio controls their destiny. Beat BG and they are East champs. Buffalo needs to win Saturday and next week and have BG beat Ohio. BG needs to beat Ohio and have Buffalo lose once.

2 Likes

Our O line is the major part of this team’s problem- they were not even strong against RMU- no matter who is the HC or OC unless this area is fixed we will continue to be a very poor team. That said Martin and Kohler have made no or little adjustments to this fact ( still running our small backs up the middle, etc) - why no roll outs, misdirection plays , quick slant routes, quick out routes etc? We have serious depth problems at O line positions and to a lesser extent depth problems on the D line. It all starts and ends in the trenches. Finally CM keeps stating his D approach does not change and is very predictable- he is right but his approach gives too much possession time to the opposing team and his inability or interest in mixing up and disguising pass coverage has been a problem for years. It will be a good test tonight and next week on whether this staff ( and team ) can change to meet the disappointment of a very below average season.

3 Likes

1 Like

Makes no sense on OL either, position been recruited constantly…
20 guys on roster.

1 Like

Our struggles on OL is just one of the reasons I don’t understand the over-use of delayed handoffs for runs up the middle. Requires OL to Maintain control of DL for a second or two longer. Why not quick belly hand offs or more pitches?

And, as soon as they stack the box, can’t our QB’s hit a slant or tight end drag to the middle of the field? You do that successfully a few times and it helps w the run game by forcing their LB’s to respect the possibility that we will throw into the middle of the field.

1 Like