Next Up-Stetson

Would have liked to see us control this one a little more, but it’s a team with a weird zone defense that had a hot shooting night and it looks like we’re going to take care of business. Assuming we hold on, I’m fine with the overall performance.

Stetson is not bad, could see them make some noise in their league.

Precious 18/8 and a great overall game! Love that guy!

1 Like

I think this sums it up. Good defense for the last while to choose out the game. Would’ve wanted a touch more offense at the end. But crazy to have any real complaints in a 15 point win against a D1 team.

3 Likes

Shortest game ever? 1:45? I guess there weren’t many whistles.

Yeah…they have some players…some that can shoot as well.

We shot 94% from charity…really took everything we had in this one…better D, and maybe a couple layups we missed…and would have been easier.

Smith reminded me of Logan McLane.

Still nice win and 3-0…trophy time!

1 Like

Can’t complain about taking care of business

17:5 assist to turnover ratio!

2 Likes

It’s hard to lose when you shoot 17/18 from the line and have an assist to turnover ratio of 17 to 5. Grant’s 2nd half heater helped carry us offensively. Another good game from White. Brown and Ayah were very good throughout the game.

I think there will be plenty to learn though from this game. Stetson played well. I think the Hatters likely played as well as they could. I thought we overhelped defensively, giving them too many open looks. We got too passive against their zone at the end of the game. A couple of nice drives from ICL and Grant were enough to give us enough offense to get to the final minutes when we could get to the foul line. But it’s really nice when you win comfortably and know you can play better.

1 Like

Good win. Hopefully Dalonte just a little banged up and nothing serious. Seemed to be having an issue with his knee, or in that region.

Just watched the replay. We did a lot right. Good passes to Ayah- decent shooting- good free throws

Would love is to defend the three line just a bit better

1 Like

Just watched the replay. No complaints. Stetson’s shooting kept it closer than it should have been at times but it never seemed to reach the point of concern.

Now where is our GT Invitational trophy?

2 Likes

Regarding the Hatters, would it be fair to say we shat in their hat?

i thought their kid smith played well offensively…nice stroke

are we this good or are lamar & stetson that bad? the game last night seemed to be never in question.

I thought when we stayed with our game plan, and didn’t take or rush threes (ICL) we looked very good. There were a couple times where we fell out of the game plan and that is when Stetson would go on their mini runs. At the half we were 8/13 inside the arc. Obviously, that was working. Chemistry between Ayah and Mekhi is pretty special on those plays inside. Working inside makes rhythm 3’s all that much easier. If this team stays healthy, runs the offense as I think Jack and Jeff want, and play hard D, (we are a little soft at times on D on threes), this can be a pretty special team. As an aside, how did so many miss on Josh Smith? I would love to have him. (Only Stetson player I would want). He only had 2 reported offers out of HS-Stetson and Cedarville. Maybe he was too raw out of HS. But he is a nice looking player now.

When it comes to “are we this good or are they that bad,” my guess is a bit of the former, more of the latter.

That said, we did what good teams are supposed to do to teams they should beat.

1 Like

As to our next 2 games, Heidelberg and Defiance, I would love to mainly rest the starters, get them some minutes the start of each half to keep them relatively fresh, maybe more in the second half of Defiance as the next game after that is WIU and they beat Nebraska already, but otherwise, let’s keep the starters healthy and rested and play the bench. Certainly our bench should be able to beat D3 schools. Ames, Eller, Harrison, ICL, Eli, Harrison, Williams, even Kenyon and Will. Tatum if he is healthy.

Did I hear that Marr is red-shirting?

We’re deep…last night instead of Eli offense, you got Myja and Ayah…

Still have Beck and Etzler to get back.

Yes Avance is redshirting. Which if you look at the roster makes some sense. With Lairy, ICL, White, Dae Dae probably wouldn’t be a lot of minutes for him. What I don’t know is can he play in the Defiance and Heidelberg games and still keep his RS. If he can, I would get him out there. I am checking with someone on the status of that issue.

1 Like