Monitoring the Miami Transfer Portal

Hard to know if that’s a step up or not. Either way I wish him well.

1 Like

Ew

So at best a lateral move. So far of the 11 Miami players that have entered the portal, 2 have moved to P5 conferences (Schaeffer and Saunders), 1 has moved laterally mid major to mid major (Shelton), 2 have dropped down to FCS (O’Hair and Pierce), one returned to Miami (Gabbert) and 5 remain in the portal without a reported home.

2 Likes

FWIW, their five year average for attendance is 26,000.

1 Like

It appears we may be not making much progress re transfers in - perhaps overall recruitment not as successful at present also given the 2023 decommits - a DB and DL from the transfer pool would be helpful

1 Like

Miami adds WR Gage Larvadain from Southeastern Louisiana University. Looks like a solid slot WR replacement

Southeastern Louisiana had an explosive and productive offense last season…went 9-4 and beat Incarnate Word. Impressive FCS performance. Ranked #16 at playoffs and lost as shootout to #6 Sanford in the first round.

2 Likes

Incarnate Word? Well, word!

Committed to Miami

3 Likes

Is this a Southern Cal transfer?

Kinda. As I mentioned earlier, he played at USC for three seasons out of high school. Then announced he was transferring to Louisville for the 2022 season. However, it doesn’t appear he actually ever made it to campus. So I believe he just sat out last season. Should have a couple seasons remaining of eligibility

4 Likes

Interesting. This musical chairs roster management thing sure makes predicting the next season’s performance a mystery. Never before has Miami had players on its roster with game experience at Southern Cal, Stanford, Colorado, Notre Dame, South Carolina and Kentucky, as well as guys who have played FCS in Georgia and Louisiana. With 10-15 percent of the roster transfers and 75% of it from out of state, we’re a far cry from where we were as late as 2003. All this has happened in just 20 years!

1 Like

Well, unfortunately a far cry from 2003 for many reasons.

Let’s try to close the gap when it comes to wins, regardless of roster composition.

Great point and I’d argue, the worst 20 year span in Miami football history.

2 Likes

Whatever happened to change college football over this 20 year period - and the anpparent atrophy of in-state Ohio football talent - certainly didn’t tilt the fortunes in Miami’s favor.

3 Likes

But we are old!

2 Likes

OL is taking some major hits with Schaeffer and Feth leaving. Hope these young guys are ready to step up. Maybe we should add another transfer OL besides John Young from UK.

1 Like

weird

Major loss - O line last year already one of the weakest parts of the team- they never seemed to be together even in the Robert Morris game - our inability to run the ball cost us at lest two games on critical close out drives ( Buffalo and bowl game )- did we expect this?

1 Like