Miami vs UC Game Thread 2024

Chuck is an amazing recruiter for the resources he has, but he needs a play calling advisor for OOC games. Minus last year he can never win the big ooc game

3 Likes

I also think Miami needs to prioritize having a tune up game week 1 before they play the big OOC games bc next year is another gauntlet too

10 Likes

What’s his OOC record?

56-62 overall. 1-4 in bowls. Can’t find his OOc but I doubt it’s over .500 bc we go thru a P4 gauntlet every year. I just want to win some more big games :frowning:

Ticketing and refreshments are one thing. But, how does a fan report an emergency in the stadium if cannot call “911”??

You don’t need WiFi to call 911.

2 Likes

Correction: I think he’s 11 of 41 in OOC games.

2 Likes

Damn even worse

1 Like

Would one of you former football players and/or coaches tell me why Chuck and his OC insist on running our least imposing back up the middle? It’s insanity and has hurt a number of drives we had going w our passing game. It was driving me crazy when I watched the NW and UC games.

3 Likes

He says it in his postgame press conferences. He pretty much thinks that if we are unable to run against these big teams in non conference and then stop doing it, when we get to MAC play we will be unprepared when we will be able to run.

3 Likes

I get that we need to run the ball somewhat effectively to keep the D honest, I just don’t get the specific running plays called and the resistance to use our bigger backs (i.e. Brunson) if we want to run between the tackles.

2 Likes

Cell was very weak too.

1 Like

Bingo. Someone has a medical emergency, there’s first aid standing by. But if you can’t call for it to come to a specific section then times a ticking

I suspect it will be quicker in any emergency to get in contact with an usher or someone similar with a radio than to call 911 and have them try to route onsite medical personnel. Realistically either way you’d have a longer response time for any serious medical event sitting at home where an ambulance has to come to you. This doesn’t really seem like a serious concern.

2 Likes

CM doesn’t like playing players he doesn’t trust, especially Skill positions. CM does not trust a lot of players. I think it takes a few years for him to trust most players. He has been blessed to have a stud QB for 6 years. I bet Brunson has struggled some to learn the plays, responsibilities when not running the ball, formations etc…He trusts those guys that he knows well and that are seasoned in his offense. I don’t understand a lot of his play calling either, but when it works it’s a beautiful thing. I think he wants to win every game but he really concentrated on the MAC and championships.

6 Likes

Could that be related to why Nate Muersch simply vanished?

Ballcoach, yeah I had opined in one of my previous posts that I wondered if Brunson was not a great practice player.

When he does get an occasional carry, he just seems like a much more powerful and physical runner than Mozee.

3 Likes

No clue. I think it’s hard to get inside CM’s circle of trust though.

1 Like

Yes, very strong runner. I like Downing also. Hopefully as the season progresses, these guys get in the mix more.

3 Likes

Last year we used the TE position almost entirely as blocker, so enhanced pass protection and run blocking. I would say he felt that was more valuable to us than a lighter weight guy who was a better receiver.

2 Likes