Miami vs UC Game Thread 2024

If NIU can do it why can’t we!

2 Likes

In good news

2 Likes

We did the same in NW game, MUHawk. Do our coaches look at film?? (Cue sarcasm) Sometimes I wonder.

I don’t know about that one :joy:

1 Like

Hey, we’re still undefeated! (and hope springs eternal, at least until the puck drops, lol)

And then we go 1-1 against Ferris and all hope disappears

Our coach has the least amount of losses on his record in the entire NCHC!

He’s a great change of pace back but we need a bowling ball. Amos had some of that. Was also very fast.

Was super cool to see Yager full today! However it feels that all momentum from last year is now gone

2 Likes

The RPO plays they run are slow in developing. And defenses pretty much know Gabbert isn’t going to keep it so it’s easy to que on the running back.

2 Likes

I agree. That’s why we need sets for Henry to keep them off balance. A two QB system can work. I love Brett but it’s clear we need to make adjustments.

1 Like

I assure you, it is….maybe we’ll get about 1/2 that for the OU game

Announced attendance of 24,717.

4 Likes

The worst thing about a game like today was that it was such a missed opportunity. This wasn’t like one of the losses during the streak where we were completely overmatched because we sucked and/or UC was really good, like 2017 we belonged on the field with them. Came out with a lot of initial rhythm on the first offensive drive while the D hung tough all first half. If we execute a little better in the red zone and avoid the muffed punt then we probably go into halftime with the lead and a much better rested defense that can react to UC’s second half adjustments. Instead we played tentative like it was 2023 after Brett got hurt, only without the running game or special teams needed to make it work.

9 Likes

Chuck mentioned the picked up DPIs in his press conference…said it feels like every time we play them there’s one late in the game

1 Like

Miami switched from their red coats and white pants to all black righ before the Notre Dame game in 2017. It’s hard to tell the difference between the UC and Miami bands now.

2 Likes

At least could have.

1 Like

Two stories of the day

1. The line of scrimmage. UC was able to consistently get early pressure and disrupt Brett with a 3 man rush - our O line needs to do some looking in the mirror. Meanwhile their QB had ALL DAY to look downfield and extend plays despite our 4 man rush with occasional 5th. I’m not sure if these are whopping physical mismatches or the Bearcats just wanted it more on the line?

2. Coaching. That was an masterclass on how to mismanage a game. First drive we march it down the field with a spread, throw-heavy offense. Then for the next 3 quarters on every first down we decide to run up the middle for no gain. Going for two down 24-16 is just plain stupid - you know that no other coach in America would do that and that’s enough said. Throwing a low percentage fade route on 4th and 4 with the game on the line when all you need is FIVE YARDS.

Nothing says Miami sports like getting a sellout crowd in a rivalry game and proceeding to kill the excitement and momentum with terrible conservative playcalling and idiotic game management decisions.

6 Likes

Wi fi Not fixed.

1 Like

Pat Narduzzi did it in the exact same situation (and the exact same score) against UC last week. I don’t agree with it but analytics say go for it and a lot of coaches follow analytics.

5 Likes