Miami to wear Blue for Homecoming

The Nads……oh wait, that’s RISD

1 Like

Showing my age here , but I believe they were called The Blankies. :wink:

1 Like

Bwahahahaha. I’m from the Rose/Walker era, but the Blankies is not lost on me

1 Like

Before they built Millett, Blankies often took place on the old Miami golf course. They spawned the infamous Fight Sing parody.

1 Like

Don’t kick any bushes on the golf course or it may kick back.

Conrad gardens was my era….

1 Like

They were not paid for with any student activity fees.

3 Likes

I worked on Miami’s grounds crew during the summer for Art Conrad. He was the big boss.

Nescadad, excellent choice of verbage!

1 Like

In the past, the promotional jerseys were often free and they usually let the players keep them.

Got a little bug in my ear. Some wonderful person stepped up and paid for them. Love & Honor!!!

5 Likes

https://x.com/miamiuniversity/status/1840047336107466911?s=46&t=ZH1fFGwu8Q0191V3SgsUtQ

2 Likes

Maybe it was a good idea after all. Got free media.

5 Likes

Just heard that Chuck Martin might NOT be wearing his iconic red vest combo today, he will be wearing blue for Western👀

2 Likes

https://x.com/MiamiOHFootball/status/1840064137918840892

2 Likes

They can wear whatever they like…as long as they win.

2 Likes

The more I’ve been thinking about it the more disappointed I am in some of the replies. Western had its own 120 year history that is now also Miami history. 120 years of its own students, alumni, professors, and traditions. I think they have one jersey for one game every 50 years. Maybe it should be a bit more frequent after reading @thechuck_2112’s story.

9 Likes

I am 100% in favor of honoring Western with Miami uniforms (and the good press is certainly a bonus) but the execution could be better. Can’t speak for some of the others here but imo a lot of disappointment is driven by the fact that the uniforms look like a bottom-tier high school called the Patriots.

4 Likes

There’s a difference between questioning execution and questioning purpose. There’s way too much of the latter.

3 Likes

I often love the play call, but not the execution. This is one of those times.