Miami to wear Blue for Homecoming

Wish there was a Disc Golf patch on the uniform to honor the course on Western Campus. Maybe next year. :grin:

3 Likes

no need for everyone to get their panties in a bunch…its one game, not the end of the world

7 Likes

My friend (not a Miami grad) whose late mother went to Western said she cried when she heard about this because Western meant so much to her mom. So the blue might be weird, but I’m all in favor of how important this is to some in the greater Miami community.

8 Likes

Agree 1 game no big deal Hopefully it will be a win

2 Likes

Also the start of the civil rights movement of 1964, as portrayed in the movie Mississippi Burning.

Two separate colleges when I went to school. Then there was a merger and we took over what is now known as Western Campus. I think this is the 50th anniversary of the merger. So the more I thought about it the more I like the idea. We should do it again in 2174.

4 Likes

Two separate colleges when I attended Miami, too. I had a few dates with a girl who went there. They traditionally participated in a lot of Miami social functions. Donna Shalala is probably their most famous alumnae.

2 Likes

This you?

1 Like

Not against the recognition, just the blue uniforms. Patches can be just as efficient. IMHO.

1 Like

The The more I look at the blue, the less problem I have with them. I agree the red patch looks out of place. Well, at least we didn’t paint the entire field Smurf blue v

I’m bound by a non-disclosure agreement to reveal nothing more than acknowledging dating a Western College student.

Wait, you think Miami is paying for their football jerseys from the activity fees?

2 Likes

Activity fees pay for a big chunk of athletic department expenses. Unless some donor stepped up to pay for the jerseys or Adidas is donating them, the athletic department, with a big assist from student activity fees, is paying for them. If I’m wrong, very possible, tell me what I’m missing. I guess I think helmet or jersey patches might have a better idea. As a percentage of the overall deficit l know blue jerseys that are going to be used once are not much but you’ve got to start somewhere.

Good luck selling these things off.

Activity fees are not paying for these jerseys I think you’ll be able to sleep a little better now

4 Likes

I kind of like it.

2 Likes

Looking like a Curricane will be visiting Oxford for our Homecoming weekend. Yuk.

Showers says weather.com . Cure Bowl was a monsoon

I agree getting a 1 in the Win column

Reading through the adidas contract, there is a Promotional Merchandise clause Miami may have leveraged to get the special jerseys for free.

If not, they were paid for….and I think the athletic budget is ~60% funded from student activities fees

2 Likes

What was the Western College mascot? What were their athletics teams called?

1 Like