Miami to wear Blue for Homecoming

Really don’t like these at all. Don’t like wearing blue and if you are going to do retro, ditch the modern block M on the shoulder. The patch just looks bad.

Curious what this will accomplish?
National press?
Sell additional merch?
Recruiting bump/wow factor?
If none of these then why (unless you had a pile of extra cash to have jerseys made for one game)?

1 Like

Haven’t seen any national press yet, but mid-major press has been nothing but complimentary of them.

1 Like

I don’t hate the idea of honoring Western. I think this is a whiff on execution.

I would have preferred a simple hat-tip that didn’t upset our traditional colors on homecoming day. Maybe a split helmet with Miami/Western logos? Or even a special jersey that was still primarily Red/White with some blue highlights or design work could have worked.

2 Likes

Waiting for ND to come out with St Mary’s Belles baby blue jerseys.

1 Like

Go Miami Patriots!

2 Likes

I don’t necessarily dislike the idea but the placement of the “M” does look weird. And as HH said, having the modern “M” on what is designed to be a retro look is odd. If you’re going for retro, combine it with the old, thinner letter logo on the helmets.

3 Likes

Agreed on the M, it looks forced and like it shouldn’t be there

I appreciate the nod to Western.

And we’ve worn much worse jerseys lol

7 Likes

I just want to win. I don’t care what we wear.

9 Likes

I would have preferred a traditional Miami jersey and color with a WC patch in place of the M.

4 Likes

Looking forward to the team’s nod to the Oxford Female Institute (aka Ox College).

Maybe UMass will become overconfident, believing they are playing the women from nearby Mount Holyoke’s affiliate college way out in western Ohio.

1 Like

This is exactly what I was thinking. I think the idea is good but execution weird. Whatever, though. Just finally get in the win column.

I’m not a fan either. Perhaps it’s also a nod to Talawanda HS? Since Miami has been playing like a high school team, I guess it makes sense to look like one. Go Braves!!

We are Red and White. Not gray, black or blue or any other color. Can we focus on execution and not extraneous nonsense?

2 Likes

Please stop. Red and white. Block M. How about a blue patch honoring Western?

5 Likes

They’re already running a giant $$$$ defecit propped up by large student activity fees so why not pile on? I’m sure the kid scrapping trays and plates in the dining halls to help pay for school doesn’t mind. Maybe they can get a well to do Western College grad to pay for them?

A throw back Miami jersey with the WC patch (and maybe helmet logo) would be perfect. This is just weird.

6 Likes

I like them except for what others have stated about the M patch. The release says the patch can be tapped by phone to take you to the homecoming website. What does that even mean? Who’s going to tap it with a phone, the player?

1 Like