Miami @ Kent - 11/27 Noon on ESPN+

BEAT KENT STATE!

Why is the MAC playing games at the same time as Michigan/Ohio State?

2 Likes

Yeah, makes no sense. I assume it was more ESPN than the MAC coming up with the scheduling.

I know it is unfortunate but when could Miami play tomorrow that would work? You know OSU vs Mich is a long game so if you wanted somebody to watch that game and then go to Kent vs Miami you probably couldnt start until 430- then that is basically a night game which makes little sense without national tv in November.

The other option would have been to play today. That is a tough travel for anyone out of town for an early kick but that would avoided osu vs mich

I think it wouldā€™ve been a great Friday game. And selfishly, itā€™d be nice to know a day earlier if I need to change some travel plans for work to just take me straight to Detroit on Friday.

5 Likes

Iā€™m surprised too, that theyā€™d risk drawing fans from OSU/Michiganā€¦ā€¦

Miami/Kent matters to me. Ohio State/Michigan does not.

7 Likes

Sackman: Absolutely!

2 Likes

How many of us were there at the Miami/UCF game in 2002, the game after the Marshall debacle and played at the same time as OSUā€™s national championship game clinching win over Michigan? (Hand raised). There werenā€™t many others.

2 Likes

I remember in 1981 the UC-Miami game had a 10 am kick-off to avoid directly competing with the Ohio A & T - Mich game. It worked as we experienced a cold Saturday morning and watch Miami stop the criminals on several goal line stands.I believe the final score was 7-3 with the Redskins winning. Who else was there in '81 at Old Miami Field?

1 Like

It did not require many hands to count the ā€œcrowdā€ in the student section that day.

2 Likes

I was there

1 Like

And yet somehow, talk of OSU is still taking over a Miami gameday thread. Apparently even a forum for Miami sports isnā€™t free from OSU taking over.

Miami is playing for the MAC East and thereā€™s hardly a conversation on the game. Just kickoff times and other schools.

Not a Buckeye fan and never have beenā€¦didnā€™t realize they were playing today. :wink:

Go Miami! Beat Kent! I will be traveling today and hope I can pick up the broadcast on Sirius XMā€¦

Buckeyes are playing some team from up north, that outcome has already been decidedā€¦

Miami vs the young Sabanā€™s ā€¦much more interesting.

PS.should played yesterday :wink:

I was at both Miami/UC in 1981 and Miami/UCF in 2002.

1 Like

Flush the Flashes! We win on the backs of our D!

Maybe weā€™ll catch Kent looking ahead to their OOC schedule next season - @ Washington, @ Oklahoma and @ Georgia. That article shared earlier said Lewis agreed to three money games every year to float the program but thatā€™s kind of extreme - except for the Washington game. Flashes might be favored in that one. Go RedHawks!

Good God! Yeah, his agent should be trying to strike while the iron is hot and get the hell out of there.

2 Likes