Miami @ Kent - 11/27 Noon on ESPN+

We wouldn’t be the few proud Miami fans if we weren’t complaining about every date and start time of every game.

3 Likes

I remember back in the 90s and into the early 2000s there was a telephone option you could pay to listen to games over the phone. I’m sure someone on this board remembers the name of the service.

Was it teamline? I remember it

I believe that was it!

We’re guaranteed a bowl if we win the East so being 7-5 is irrelevant in that case.

I imagine Miami staffer…holding up a phone next to the radio, in next press box over from Bake.

If we win the East we’d be 7-5. That’s the magic number.

Kent opens as a 2.5 point favorite.

Weather forecast change for Saturday at Kent. Looks like about 35 degrees and dry at kickoff. Break out the long underwear!

ESPN giving us a 55% chance of winning.

1 Like

This group has played in big games before. A lot of our guys were on the ‘19 team that won on the road at OU and beat CMU in the MACCG. Hopefully that big game experience will help. From KSU’s perspective, this is probably the biggest game they’ve had in a long time. Maybe they play a little tight as a result.

1 Like

Eh, that’s shirtless/body paint weather.

1 Like

Hippenheimer, Hippenhaymer - just saw we get Michael Reghi again for the Kent State game. Aren’t we lucky fans!

2 Likes

I will likely be at the game. Hoping it’s worth the cold.

2 Likes

It will be interesting to see what kind of atmosphere KSU is able to drum up this Saturday. Holiday weekend and no students on campus will hurt.

1 Like

Meaning it helps us.

2 Likes

I hadn’t realized how long it’s been: The last Kent State MAC championship was 1972. - the year after I graduated from Miami. Gary Pinkel, Jack Lambert, Nick Saban and Greg Kokal were on that team - coached by the late great Dawgfather Don James.

2 Likes

The few, the proud, the Miamians.

5 Likes

Semper Cry?

3 Likes

Or to fit our Miami heritage better, Me Querimonias Ludis :wink: