Miami Hockey "Burners" on twitter

100% agree. I don’t think I chipped in on the other thread but staying in the NCHC means that a good year gives us a good chance for a national championship. The CCHA does not. Also we’d have to buy our way out of the NCHC, if we can’t afford to let berg go we certainly can’t afford to pay the fee to leave the conference

2 Likes

You have a choice in any business. You can watch the drain, or the faucet. But you can’t pick both.

Pro tip: pick the faucet.

Well put.

1 Like

I ask again: Who the eff is Stew Reinhart? Granted I don’t follow every college program…far from it…but I think I’ve at least heard of most of the major media talking heads in the sport. There aren’t that many.

13 followers. Huh. And I just looked the guy up on Twitter (I guess I’m that bored) and got nothing.

That comparison has been made before. But here’s the rub: I don’t know that Vandy has made it to the national title game in any of its major sports.

To be fair, Vandy’s major sport is baseball.

4 Likes

Stew is out here posting some wild things

https://x.com/middlebarstewie/status/1763750765791785289?s=20

https://x.com/middlebarstewie/status/1763746657995268568?s=20

He used to be the most mature of the burners but I guess he’s given that up

There’s some Talawanda high schoolers that follow the burners. Atp I’m all but sure it’s some random 15 year olds running them

We think it’s a player run burner (along with several others)

1 Like

I just don’t think our players would be that immature. Some of the stuff these burner accounts are saying are like middle-school level.

Most of our guys are 21+

1 Like

Doh! I totally forgot they were good there. I stand corrected!

I can see that. My only question would be what motivated a bunch of THS students to make burners defending berg? Maybe they’re only following the account because they think it’s funny. I don’t know anyone stupid enough to follow a burner with their main account

1 Like

Maybe one of the coaches has a kid in tallawanda high school

Something to look into

I wouldn’t put it past kids these days to be that dumb :joy:

Also a couple years ago there was a burner Miami fan account that said something kinda nasty about matthew barbolini and about the coaching staff and I looked and one of the other players on the team’s dad follows the account and liked one of the tweets. I’m still convinced to this day it’s his account :joy: even if it isn’t why would you like a negative post about your son’s teammate that’s just rude

4 Likes

Burner fight!!

3 Likes

I hope it’s parody and this person isn’t really this stupid. Although I have to admit I’ve never heard “coaches are irrelevant” as a defense for a poor record. Credit for originality, especially since in college coaches determine everyone who plays for their teams.

2 Likes

UPDATE: Both Stew and Blaze’s accounts have been deleted!

What could this mean? I have no idea

1 Like

Maybe they know bergeron is about to be fired so they’re trying to avoid the heat….

I looked at the dates and Blasi was fired on Tuesday March 19th, 2 days after getting swept in the quarterfinals.

Tomorrow is Tuesday March 19th 2 days after getting swept in the quarterfinals….will history repeat itself?

2 Likes