Miami at Northwestern 2024

I’d rather climb one of the trees lining the lake side of the field and view the game from there as opposed to having an end zone view.

3 Likes

Those upper end zone seats look to be 20-30 yards from the end zone back line.

Bout El de Barge …Whose Johnny?

1 Like

My wedding song! How could I forget!!!

Oh. What a beautiful thing. Just magnificent. Thinking of the fans and the overall safety of the players and fans. Especially if the winds are coming off the lake on game day.

1 Like

Can’t wait for the replay reviews. Should be some interesting camera angles.

1 Like

This thread has become tiresome.

IMG_3168

6 Likes

Oh, I disagree. For a school that gets $100 million a year for being a technical member of the B10, this is bush league and should be ridiculed and satirized at every possible moment possible.

7 Likes

I’m having a hard time with the idea that there aren’t any muni stadiums in the broader Chicagoland area. Canton has the stadium that McKinley plays in. Detroit has (had) Wisner. Not even another college facility?

Just seems stupid to stick 12,000 seats in an end zone….

4 Likes

Here is list of revenue for D1 schools. No real surprises. NW not listed–b/c they are private?

Go touch your monkey. This thread is staying right there

2 Likes

There isn’t anything like that around here. High school football is not a big enough deal around here to justify Canton-esq facilities, while the other Chicagoland colleges either don’t have a legit stadium or are 1+ hour from campus (as funny as it’d be for them to rent from NIU).

I was a bit lenient on NU before but this is devolving into a farce. They’re paying nearly a billion dollars on a gorgeous new stadium, they need to suck it up and pony up for Soldier Field even if it’ll cost an arm and a leg. Surprised that the Big Ten isn’t stepping in, this isn’t Hawaii.

2 Likes

No chance the Big 10 lets them play conference games at that temp stadium, but I assume they don’t think a MAC opponent justifies an NFL venue, even though pushing the game to Sunday/Monday and playing at Soldier Field is the obvious solution.

Nope. No poi!

1 Like

It seems as if they are doing the temporary thing for just three games: us, Duke and Eastern Illinois. After that comes the big integer schools. My guess is that Ohio State (The) will be played at the Bears place. The others on an aircraft carrier docked off shore.

2 Likes

I think it was announced that the OSU game would be at Wrigley.

Interesting

Hope I did this correctly.

2 Likes

NW adds new QB from Miss State…(not sure if this was discussed yet)

There’s no way they host Indiana or Wisconsin in the standfest on the lakeshore