Miami at Northwestern 2024

This is so stupid……

The three schools who have to play as visitors on that surface (Miami, Duke, annd Eastern Illinois) all need to get together and demand Northwestern come play their games on the road or cancel the games on them. Make Northwestern sit at home for almost a month.

For MU, this is the classic Hotel California scenario: we can check out any time but we can’t leave. Why? Because we hold no negotiating cards.

2 Likes

Will you be donating the 2.2 million required for Miami to break the signed contract?

2 Likes

And Northwestern holds $1.1 million

2 Likes

Just beat them. That will make up for it.

1 Like

Clock went missing, no?

1 Like

Well they were approved for work at Martin Stadium so I guess we will see when they actually start work.

My fantasy football team as a student one year (late 80s) was “Miami Pound Machine.”

2 Likes

Yep. College Football Hall of Fame lost track of it.

I am also on the Duke message board. Some of the posters there (we posters know everything) believe their game will be moved to Durham. They are also skeptical the “stadium” will be finished on time. One posted his own photos of the area he took yesterday. Really going to be a tight fit. He also posted a photo of a nearby high school stadium that could easily (I guess) be made into a better fit.

Miami is 7-3 all time against NU and 7-2 in Evanston.

1 Like

Love the NW series! Personally, I have been to 4 Miami games in Evanston, three of them victories.

Always a great Miami contingent (especially in 2003), and at the games I have actually run into a number of long lost alumni acquaintances that I had not seen for many years.

6 Likes

Crazy Miami/Northwestern trivia:

When Miami first played Northwestern in 1955, one of the Northwestern assistant coaches was George Steinbrenner. Yes. THAT George Steinbrenner.

Miami beat Northwestern that season under head coach Ara Parseghian, and finished #15 in the final AP Poll with a 9-0 record (no bowl game invite, though).

After the season, Northwestern hired Parseghian away from Miami.

12 Likes

Welcome back! There is a lot of positive momentum in our athletic department. You need to be part of it again,

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/loganschiciano/status/1779953936436207716?s=42&t=FO0v6h__wqDkYofeHBZXDQ
Looks like it will be on the lacrosse/soccer field with stands on the practice field-as of today…

Ugh! That’s a terrible look!

2 Likes

Seating capacity?

At the bottom of the plans

2 Likes

Ugh…only a couple thousand decent seats in the place

Yeah, but it’s going to have a helluva view out over Lake Michigan!

1 Like