Miami at Northwestern 2024

Or Sailgating at Husky Stadium!

1 Like

My Miami football travel budget this year initially included Northwestern and Notre Dame for the regular season. Well, now it looks like I’ll have extra money to spend on that trip to and from South Bend. I hope EA Sports is including “outdoor practice facility” as a stadium selection option for College Football 25 because this would be the one time that option is legitimate.

We need to beat Northwestern for many reasons but that program really deserves to start the year with a big L for this ridiculousness.

11 Likes

You paint an enticing picture JohnnyMac. I’d like for a group of hawktalkers (dressed as Vikings) to make an amphibious assault on Northwestern’s temporary Tinker Toys stadium. If we can do that, then count me in!!

3 Likes

The Northwestern game on our schedule pages says “Date subject to change.” Is this new?

No: 2024 Football Schedule Announced; Season Tickets Available NOW - Miami University RedHawks

It’s still possible that the game gets moved to a different day than Saturday, but it will be week 1.

1 Like

I wonder if that’s a hedge against the temporary venue not being ready on time for Week 1.

2 Likes

Gotta’ wonder how much of the groundwork they’ve done so far for the temp “stadium”? Permitting and construction permits for the new temp space they were for the new facility. The same folks that tried to stop the new stadium might be seeking revenge and try to slow down or stop the temp facility. Then once it’s approved they still have to source the materials and build the thing. A logistical nightmare for sure. Lots of things can go wrong and they don’t have much time.

1 Like

Walter Sobchak
“Once a plan gets too complex everything can go wrong!” – Walter Sobchak

3 Likes

No this is not new, when they released the full schedule a couple of months ago Northwestern was listed as TBD.

1 Like

Question. Will the proposed playing surface at Northwestern support a full college football game? Do they use different turf for soccer vs football or are all fields the same?

The NFL plays on a different playing surface than the pro soccer leagues when they’re in Europe and Great Britain. And that’s out of safety for the players.

They’re playing on the football practice field so this isn’t a concern.

And in terms of the international games, that’s far more that the soccer teams don’t want the NFL game to destroy their playing surface.

1 Like

According to what Northwestern has released they are playing on the soccer/lacrosse field.

1 Like

Will the stadium announcers say “Goal !!!” instead of Touchdown after a score? Might as well.

1 Like

Prediction: Miami 7, Northwestern,”Nil”….:nerd_face:

1 Like

Although the exact configuration is still being designed, the structure will be a temporary enhancement to the existing Lanny and Sharon Martin athletics facility and part of Chap and Ethel Hutcheson Field.

Hutcheson Field is their practice field. Martin Stadium would be their soccer/lacrosse field which is directly to the north.

Although they also say that soccer/lacrosse will be playing at the temporary setup, so they might be building something across the two fields with endzone seating.

1 Like

If you want a big crowd, you need to bring in a barge (or DeBarge: Rhythm of the Night) to accommodate extra seating on the lake. Probably not going to happen but that would be a solve.

Ps, I always thought that was Miami Sound Machine but it was not!

We’re playing Northwestern at “ (Chuck) Martin Stadium”!!

That was Gloria and the Rhythm is Gonna Get You

1 Like

Actually, because of my knowledge of MidJourney the algorithm is gonna get you.

1 Like

The real Martin Stadium is in Pullman.