Miami at Ball State Tuesday at 7 on ESPN3

We have 17 points in 18 minutes. The offense right now is offensive. And I guess Ball State is last in the MAC in defending the three.

1 Like

Think I’ll take a nap during halftime, hope I don’t wake for 2nd half!

19 points in the 1st half. Take a good look. boys. This is a taste of what we’ll look like next season when Brown is gone.

Games like this highlight how much chaff is on this roster. And how unimpressive our offensive scheme can be. If our guards aren’t going off, we’re bad.

3 Likes

Yes, one of Etzler’s first games off knee surgery, Harrison’s first game back from injury, no Beck, and no Ames is exactly what this will look like next season.

Sparks is an athletic, big bodied finisher that can shoot free throws and pass out of a double team.

Can see why there wasn’t a place for him at Miami. /sarcasm

Does anyone know how bad the injury to Brown is? Doesn’t look like he’s coming back into this game.

It looked very bad. I’d be surprised if he’s not out a week or more.

1 Like

I wonder if we should just try the press on defense and play wide open on offense. We could play 12 guys. We arent very good on standard defense anyway. Our offense is good when the ball is moving and maybe that type of pace would make it move

Man this Sparks looks good

The good news is that we’re shooting 65% in the 2nd half. The bad news is that Ball St. is shooting 80% in the 2nd half.

1 Like

Hope Dick sends his parking stub to Sayler.

2 Likes

Miami 8-26 from three. Ball State 8-13.

We just got our butts kicked. Not good.

What have you seen from a healthy Etzler that has impressed you? Healthy Beck has only been so-so. Ames has size but is clumsy. I’m usually the optimistic one, but I’m just not seeing it.

Ughh. Can’t believe we just lost to Ball State by 17.

I think this one is pretty simple to sum up. Brown got hurt. Our lack of frontcourt depth got exposed big time. Thomas and Sparks were a combined 18/24 shooting and scored 49 points. Ball St. shot 19/24 in the 2nd half and had 20 assists on 30 made field goals. We weren’t aggressive offensively in the 1st half, but did a good job attacking the paint in the 2nd half.

I don’t want to put this all on Brown’s injury. We’re a horrible defensive team with him, and proved to be horrible without him also.

4 Likes

Maybe Etzler is a guy whose game would benefit from being in a game long enough to get warmed up and find his shot? I’m not giving up on the guy yet. Same with Eller. Give them some meaningful minutes Jack . At this point, how could it hurt?

2 Likes

It’s just too many problems to expect any improvement. Chris Mack needs a job. Chris? There’s a call from (513) 529 on line 1.