Miami at Ball State Tuesday at 7 on ESPN3

I never liked him at Xavier because I thought he killed the rivalry game. But it would make sense with his local ties. Monetarily it probably doesnt work unless he is willing to take a huge cut

1 Like

Almost anyone at this point would be better. I like the current staff as people. They work hard and you can tell they’re quality human beings. And the program is modestly better since they arrived. But it’s not enough. Winning has to matter. Because of all the good it brings to the student experience and the ability to improve the financial fortunes of the school long term. We have to be comfortable making hard changes.

6 Likes

If he gets a huge buyout from Louisville then it may reduce his direct salary expectations down to mid-major levels; its how CMU and Akron football can pay Jim McElwain and now Joe Moorhead thanks to Florida and Mississippi State.

Mack has $12 million owed him if he’s not fired for cause. An ongoing investigation into Level II NCAA violations could give Louisville that cause.

In MAC play, Payton Sparks is averaging 17.4 points and 9.9 rebounds as a true freshman. I think Harrison can be a good player for us, but if it’s true that we recruited Harrison over Sparks, that’s a huge miss. Reminds me of when we recruited Aleks Abrams over Jacquil Taylor.

1 Like

Dalonte returned to the bench in the second half. He was limping around but I do not think it is that serious and I would hope that he is back and ready Saturday. They did not put ice on it while he was on the bench. I have been out of this for a long time now. Is that no longer a treatment? Do they use some kind of electrolysis machine instead?

By the way, Mekhi Lairy also was injured, his back was bothering him quite a bit. I think he got hurt when he and Sparks dived for a loose ball and Mekhi got slammed into some seats. He is really tough because there have been several games over the past couple of years where he has taken a physical beating and he just keeps coming at you. He did return to the floor for the last few minutes.

The comments about our backups inside with Dalonte out are right on. It was a complete mismatch when Precious was off the court. I remember last year we had reached the conclusion that you should never play McNamara and Etzler at the same time, just too weak and slow to match up against D-1 big men. That showed again last night, and Eller can be thrown into that group. Beck has had a lost season with the same injury still bothering him and keeping him out. I hope they play Harrison more, because I think that physically he is not overmatched against these guys. I think Williams and Avance can help us as well. Not being at practice every day, though, maybe there are other reasons why the rotation is what it is.

1 Like

Thanks for the observations, Dick. I am sorry this was your reward for driving out to Muncie. At least it’s a nice arena!

1 Like

Is Dalonte slated to play against Akron?

I guess not! Makai Larry Just came in off the bench though. This team cannot shoot.