Jackson State at Miami Tuesday at 7 on ESPN+

Our players are just better than theirs. I think if Mo Williams can get some better players in there, they could become a good program though. They play hard and aggressively. Just lots of mistakes and poor shooting.

We are being outrebounded 18-9. Really only bad star for us.

2 Likes

12 assists on 16 made field goals. Great ball movement in the 1st half. Jackson St. isnā€™t very good, but the ball movement is still good to see. Hopefully we can handle their zone better in the 2nd half, Iā€™m guessing weā€™ll see more of that.

1 Like

Bellarmine tied with UK at the half.

Miami looks like a team. Light years ahead of where they were 3 weeks ago.

5 Likes

Unrelated to everything else, but it just occurred to me that perhaps Coach Steele can settle once and for all whether Butler played man or zone back in 2003

3 Likes

I think we are going to have to risk playing Anderson with three fouls.

Before the season began, I looked at our OOC schedule, and was hoping for 7-6 going into the MAC. That was without knowing almost anything about all the new guys. I still think itā€™s a decent possibility.

Safford has a lot of points just off hard cuts. I rarely saw backdoor cuts with the last two coachesā€¦

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the best pass I have seen Mabry make all year.

1 Like

Steele was yelling at them to move. They listened.

1 Like

Well, we didnā€™t have Mirambeaux slinging no look passes like Pete Maravich back then.

2 Likes

I canā€™t say enough about Billy Smith! Just a smart heady player.

2 Likes

Under 12 timeout. Miami up 65-49

1 Like

Put Anderson and Lairy back in during this timeout

Miami takes a timeout with 7:57 up 74-56

61% from field, 51% from three.

Really good night for us

This guy Steele is going to make us a mid major power. If he can stay a few years, the program will be a desirable thing for many coaches. You can already feel it changing.

6 Likes

This feels like a team weā€™d struggle against the past few years. Fast, athletic, and they rebound well. Now itā€™s a team we can get a 20 point lead against.

3 Likes