Jackson State at Miami Tuesday at 7 on ESPN+

Jackson State is coached by former Cleveland Cavalier star guard Mo Williams ( one NBA championship with LeBron). They have played 5 games, all on the road, but if you look at the scores, we had best not take them lightly. They lost by 11 at Abilene Christian, by 6 at Tulsa, by 3 at Little Rock, by 10 at Michigan, and by 39 at Indiana. Winning the game gets us second place in the Hoosier Classic.

But does it come with a trophy?

1 Like

I know you’re joking, but we actually “won” the GT tourney last year and got nothing.

2 Likes

Are you asking for Chuck Martin?

Per the recently released gamenotes, projected starting lineup is Lairy, Lewis, Safford, Smith, Anderson M. I like that lineup, although I could see rotating Safford and Lewis. All 5 starters currently averaging in double figures ppg.

2 Likes

Jackson State game notes, but not sure it came from them. Game “in Miami, Ohio.” Then halfway through, JSU becomes Louisiana Lafayette. Weird.

Miami game notes for those interested. I do like how we can play 5 scholarship players and still have Mabrey off the bench. He seems to be doing a bit better when he comes in early rather than starting.

Other observations looking at JSU’s stats:

• They get most of their scoring from 6’5" guard Ken Evans Jr. Curious if we see Safford or Lewis on him. He’s a very inefficient scorer
  • They play 6’9" Mansel and 6’8" Young. Young is the second leading scorer on the team and has the highest usage rate. It makes me think we’ll see Mirambeaux on Mansel, who mostly plays inside, and Smith on Young to hopefully provide enough high to contest his shot.
    They have a 5’8" PG who turns it over a lot, but also has quite a few steals. He doesn’t shot much and is mostly a facilitator. Will be an interesting matchup against Lairy.
3 Likes

Let’s go, Redhawks!!!

Separated at birth?

Bake and Randy have really struggled with names this season…

Off ball defender helping too much and getting caught ball watching. Hurting our perimeter defense and rebounding. Looking really competent on the offensive side of the ball.

1 Like

I’ve said this without any irony multiple times: Mirambeaux might be our best passer/distributor.

3 Likes

Beautiful cut and behind the back pass. That was steller.

2 Likes

Let those of us not watching know the score. Thanks!

22-16 good guys with 13:09 left

2 Likes

Up 25-18 at the under 12 timeout

3 Likes

Under 12:00 TO. 25-18 us.

2 Likes

Great rotation right now. Morris and Mabry off the bench. Anderson is the best passing big man Miami has had in a long time. Etzler dressed.

2 Likes

Let’s drop 100.

2 Likes

So thorough

2 Likes