Jackson State at Miami Tuesday at 7 on ESPN+

Jackson State really crashes the boards hard

2 Likes

JSU stats dont support great shooting all game.

2 Likes

10-14 from the field so far…trying to keep up w game cast…what is the updated score, guys?

Lewis and Mabrey doing a great job fighting for the rebound even though they’re giving up a lot of size.

1 Like

Bake has an excuse. Takes a few weeks to work through those post surgical meds, Mr Javehuck.

We are definitely soft in the paint. It’s been an ongoing issue so far this year. Getting killed on the boards, and giving up too many 2nd chance points.

1 Like

Up 30-22 with 7:50 left. JSU shooting two out of the break

1 Like

JSU very quick. Our passing and ball movement so much better compared to last year.

That said, we seem to be playing a bit scrappier tonight, fighting for some rebounds, which is good to see. That means it’s being addressed in practice.

2 Likes

Coming into this game, Jackson State had 64 offensive rebounds compared to 38 for their opponents. They crash four on almost every shot. Not many teams will do that.

Defense really starting to show up and make it tough for them

EDIT: I say that, and JSU gets an easy bucket in transition. They really do run as much as they can.

Miami up 35-24 with 4:04 left after a JSU timeout.

This is a game where we could really use Curtis Harrison as an extra body down low.

3 Likes

Good game for Rylee to get experience in. Good big men, but we still should be able to win.

I feel like these refs are being a bit overly harsh on J-State.

1 Like

Eh, the travel was legit, the offensive foul is one I’ve seen called a bit. The foul on Rylee felt pretty harsh to me too. I think they’re just an inconsistent crew.

Mabrey is on fire!

It’s heating up in Millett. Lead’s up to 15 with less than a minute until halftime. 45-30

Maybe one too many passes at the end there. Miami up 45-32 at halftime.

2 Likes

Good half. Shooting very good due to excellent ball movement. Impressed with JSU aggressive play. Good thing we are hitting threes. We need to make sure a body is always on Evans.

Some notes:

• only 4 turnovers. JSU does turn the ball over a lot, but they typically force a lot of turnovers as well.
  • getting doubled up in rebounding, part of that due to foul trouble. It’s also the one area JSU excels
  • Mabrey our leading scorer
  • Mirambeaux with 4 assists. He legitimately has a chance at a triple double this season.
  • Billy Smith hasn’t scored a lot, but does a great job taking what the defense gives him. Zero turnovers.

Steele wasn’t lying when he said this team has a lot of shooters.

2 Likes