Hockey Coaching Search

Wasn’t that kid originally a Miami commit before switching to UND?

I wouldn’t be surprised, he grew up in Ohio.

He’s now playing in Russia in the KHL. The bruins tried signing him but they got so much backlash they released him soon after

Interesting…as always, hockey is just two degrees of separation. My son’s Berkshire School teammate Keith Veronesi is the director of scouting operations for the Vegas Golden Knights. They played against each other a couple of times when Brian was at Hamilton and Keith was at Conn College. Keith got a Stanley Cup ring last year. Vegas built a lot of expertise into an expansion franchise very quickly.

1 Like

Hard to form any sort of valid opinion without knowing all the details…a big reason why the 20 second clips on Twitter and Facebook are largely meaningless. Hopefully Noreen did his research prior any of those decisions.

1 Like

Is there a link to the podcast?

1 Like

This should work I think. There’s like 10-15 minutes of banter between the hosts before Noreen comes on.

2 Likes

Sorry I was trying to be concise because I’m always yapping on here😂

Here’s what the kid did:

https://x.com/bartley16/status/1588898229847932928?s=46&t=iks34uxihN5C4hJJ57kxog

Here’s what Noreen said about signing him:

https://x.com/masonkernmedia/status/1531761226044387328?s=46&t=iks34uxihN5C4hJJ57kxog

It’s just interesting he got away with keeping the kid on his team when the Arizona Coyotes, Boston Briuns, and Nodak were pressured to drop him.

And yeah I’m sure there’s more sides to the story we don’t know about

1 Like

It’s easy to form an opinion because the details are everywhere; that’s why he’s playing in Russia.

4 Likes

I’d never heard he was a Miami commit.

What Miller did was truly awful, and everyone can form their own opinion as to whether he deserves a second chance, but what I’ve said and still say about him was that no league – the USHL, the NCAA, NCHC or NHL – ever set a finite punishment for him.

If he was banned for life then those leagues should’ve come out and said so, but they all pussyfooted around and left it to the individual institutions to make a decision, and then everyone pounced on anyone who considered letting him play for them (North Dakota, Arizona, Boston).

2 Likes

I read that. One of the most disturbing things I have ever seen.

Unrelated (I assume)…What did you mean when you posted this:

“wouldn’t be surprised, he grew up in Ohio.”

1 Like

Not to speak for him, but I think he just meant that’s why he could’ve been committed to Miami since he’s from Sylvania. At least that’s how I read it.

2 Likes

Someone asked if he was committed to Miami at some point and I didn’t know but since he’s from Sylvannia I wouldn’t be surprised if he was recruited by Miami

It wasn’t a dig on Ohioans😂

2 Likes

But yeah I didn’t see him on Chris Heisenberg’s list in the archives for Miami.

(Also p.s. I’m a girl :joy: sorry it’s not obvious, I tried to make my icon pink)

My apologies ma’am! I always assumed you were male because I read your handle as ‘My Gary’.

1 Like

You’re good😂 that makes sense though maybe I need a new username

Unless you can beat Kentucky Gentleman, there’s no need to rename your handle.

4 Likes

:tada: Woohoo! I’m not the only one anymore! :rofl: (I’m not counting @missmiami since she mostly sticks to the football section, lol.)

5 Likes

I have a friend who wants to join the site too but she’s hesitant, I’m trying to convince her so we can grow our numbers :joy:

11 Likes

Tell her to join. We don’t bite.

I suspect better play will have a directly proportional effect on our numbers.

3 Likes

different friend that’s not hesitant but you’ve got a third here! :grin:

10 Likes