Hockey Coaching Search

“ Them wuz the Days”, hope they’re back again and SOON! Playing OSU and BG on a regular basis.

1 Like

If the hire is still on an active team we might not hear anything official for a bit. Things maybe open up after this weekend when it’s down to 4 teams.

Mass has 3 teams in the F4.
Mich. has 4 teams in the F4.( Michigan tech,W.Mich.,Mich.State,Michigan)

Perhaps Miami should recruit a coach in/ from Michigan?

1. Good coaches obviously.( whether native or imported)
  2. Good players ( we’ve had several over the years.Czarnik,Zatkoff,etc.)
  3. It’s next to Ohio.
    CORRECTION: The State of Michigan has 4 teams in the Tournament.
    I overlooked Michigan Tech! Corrected above.
1 Like

Didn’t work out so well last time.

Agreed. Need a fresh approach. Time to move past the Bergerico era.

I mean, if we hire an actor instead of a hockey coach, I wouldn’t expect it to work out.

2 Likes

I anticipate that a new coach will be announced Tuesday April 2.

3 Likes

I don’t know… this guy might work out.

An actor might be an improvement on Berg.

What’s Christian Hanson up to these days?

1 Like

George gwezsdeky is coaching high school maybe he can come back

Like “ Bergerico era”!
Is that from Geology 11?

When are we getting VFTG take on who we should be looking at?

I’d say Gordon Bombay (Emilio Estevez) was a good coach, but give me Herb Brooks (Kurt Russell) and day

Here’s the view on playing Ohio State year after year. Screw ‘em. If they don’t want to play Miami because of history, screw ‘em. I went to plenty Miami vs Ohio State games in Columbus. Miami alums, students, parents, fans took over that mausoleum they call a rink with over 8,000 fans. It was a blast. TOSU fans hated it with a passion.

But now Miami has bigger fish to fry and more problems to fix than the Titanic after sinking from the iceberg. If Miami wants to do something. Fix the problems, win the conference, get back to the NCAAs, advance back to the Frozen 4, maybe finally hang that big banner that got away in 2009.

Do all those things, and then you when Simone asks why Ohio State and Miami won’t play, Miami can say “Don’t know, don’t care.”

2 Likes

There’s no easy way out. There’s no shortcut home.

I would be happy with two Ohio Cup games per year.
Night 1
Miami vs BG
OSU vs an opponent of their choice.

Night 2
Championship Game
Consolation Game

Rotate annually between the three sites or hold it annually at Nationwide.

2 Likes

Well said. And MSU/MU. Plus ND. Easy scheduling.

One of those each year, maybe, if they would schedule us. We need easier non conference opponents to pad our win total. What they have scheduled the last couple of years is about right strength-wise.

Those OSU-Miami games were fun at Columbus. I never went to any of the BG games at BG but they were a lot of fun from what I heard.
Perhaps BG could get on the schedule with Miami in the “Post Bergerico Era”???