Hockey Coaching Search

Centerville,Ohio shout out!( Nate Leaman’s home town)

Uncharacteristically cold shooting night against St Ignatius doomed the Elks yesterday. I thought C’ville played a bit undisciplined in the second half, too.

2 Likes

I was there - the Elks missed a lot of layups/putbacks, while St. Ignatius was hot from beyond the arc. St. Ignatius guards were really quick and were a matchup problem. Still, fourth year in a row at the Final Four for the Elks.

1 Like

I actually watched it on Spectrum’s Dayton area feed here in NC. Elks seemed to lose a bit of their composure midway through the second half.

1 Like

So any news on the hockey search, or should we get into the nitty-gritty of the Maysville vs. Alter D-II basketball final?

I also watched the Elks game. Winnable but second half it got a bit away from them.

High school state championship hoops has been the filler because all we’re getting is radio silence on hockey.

Always lots of activity around the coaching confab that takes pace at the Frozen Four. Maybe something then?

1 Like

The D-IV champion, Richmond Heights averaged nearly 80 per game throughout the tournament. They won all seven games by an average margin of 37 points.

1 Like

Well looks like BGSU got their guy (and it’s not bergeron)

https://x.com/MikeMcMahonCHN/status/1772766710208065801?s=20

3 Likes

I think this is an excellent hire for them because their hire isn’t any of the A+ candidates I think we should be looking at.

Back to lurking.

3 Likes

Well if you thought that BG might go the route of hiring a former head coach you were not wrong.

Williams became the interim coach for BG in 2009 after Paluch left in the middle of the summer amid rumors that the program might be cut. Berg was hired the next year.

1 Like

I am an inaugural season ticket holder for the expansion Everett Silvertips, playing in their brand new 8,300 seat downtown arena in 2003-2004.

Magical season!

As an expansion team the Tips won the US Division and made the playoffs. Swept Spokane and then beat Vancouver. Fell behind Kelowna 3-1 but won three straight to take that series before losing to Medicine Hat in four straight in the WHA Finals.

Head Coach was Kevin Constantine.

IMG_5837
IMG_5838

1 Like

I hope that with new coaching staffs at both programs there can be a consistent annual OOC series set up. Seems like a no brainer without the transfer drama or whatever that stopped it recently.

4 Likes

OSU also. But that makes way too much sense for the fans and Players. 4 games for each school with “ Home and Home” annually!!! The players would benefit by lightening their travel schedule too.Fans could see some ‘ rivalry” away games easily.

2 Likes

Yes, OSU would be a good annual series as well. But I think they’re worried about losing to an instate school. They dropped the series after winning 1 of the last 15 games. Too bad for them, they probably could have gotten a couple wins in the past few years.

Totally agree on the OSU and BUGS OOC matchups. Sanity needs to prevail, and the schools need to realize that those matchups will draw more fans than Random New York/Penn. College and generate more revenue, which we keep hearing all college hockey programs desperately need.

Also, Williams is the coach and GM, and Everett is going to the playoffs, which start this weekend (I believe). Odd timing.

3 Likes

Bring back the Ohio Cup!

1 Like

BUGS wanted a named coach in place before the portal chaos opens on 3/31. Apparently Eric Lange from AIC was a finalist. This is a good hire for them. We’re now on the clock. Time is ticking away.

Back to lurking.

2 Likes

With our luck we’d go hire the Eric Lange who’s a Miami alum that had a supporting role on Lost instead of the Eric Lang who’s a hockey coach at AIC.

2 Likes

Would be a good hire imo. We need a Miami Man for the job.

2 Likes