Hockey Coaching Search

Updates, anybody on candidates, or rumors?!

1 Like

Nobody seems to have any inside information and if they do they’re keeping it to themselves….

1 Like

I’m guessing it’s going to news that is announced during the Frozen Four coaches confab.

If we’re targeting someone on a staff in the tourney, it may not be announced until after the coach’s team is eliminated.

1 Like

With the transfer portal in play I could see a school making an announcement even if the coach is still in the tournament just to get the name out there. The Frozen Four is not until April 11/13. That two weeks could make or break a team in transition.

2 Likes

Not much of an historian but this has to be some kind of record for hockey :rofl:

3 Likes

Bonk, please put me down for 1 Bergerico t-shirt!

From McMahon: Miami has continued to work through its interview process. The school has talked to Alaska head coach Erik Largen, AIC head coach Eric Lang, Tri-City (USHL) head coach Anthony Noreen, and Cleveland (AHL) head coach Trent Vogelhuber, among others.

Back to lurking.

4 Likes

Tent Vogelhubber. Bring back that golden age! Didn’t know he was an AHL head coach!

1 Like

He’s been doing pretty well in the AHL too as the youngest head coach in the league. If only Columbus would stop poaching their players for no reason since they’ve already been eliminated from playoff contention and let the Monsters go on their run.

But hey if it’s going to drive him out of Cleveland and into Oxford I won’t complain :joy:

I like the Noreen guy too.

Ah, Vogelhuber. One of the names from when it was actually exciting and entertaining to watch Miami hockey. Good times.

3 Likes

“Get the BAND back together!”

Maybe going to film “Slapshot 2.0”?
Slapshot was filmed in Johnstown.

1 Like

Go Chiefs!

1 Like

Who own the Chiefs?

1 Like

Joe McGrath was the Chiefs owner

OwnS, OwnS

1 Like

Well, there was that rumor that he was going to sell the team to some investors and move the team to Florida

https://x.com/nahockeyrumors/status/1774552184446660667?s=46&t=ZH1fFGwu8Q0191V3SgsUtQ

For what it’s worth

1 Like

Slow news week last week plus I was super-busy, but at long last here are the candidates we’re hearing about: coaching hire crucial for Miami – View From the Glass

3 Likes