Georgia thread

I know we aren’t great right now, but it’s kinda fun to see us improve. I see some elements here but would love for the experts who know hoops to weigh in.

3 Likes

Observation: I like Mirambeaux, he’s a great physical presence who has sneaky offensive touch. But he is often out of position for defensive rebounds. Being that he doesn’t have a great vertical, he needs to be in better position to get those boards more consistently. I’ve noticed it a number of times throughout the game, where the ball is just out of his reach and we give up another offensive board.

3 Likes

True…guys need to understand to play off of Anderson…let him take up space…others can grab rebounds…likewise Anderson has to use his size on offense better…he tends to rush at last moment.

But we need frontcourt help.

Agree, we also need another big guy in there, Morris is gonna be good, when he is out or we only have one of them in seems like we have 4 perimeter type players.

4 perimeter is modern bball…but works better with a 6-10 225 mobile guy who can run…getting killed on offensive boards now.

Basically that is Georgia’s lineup.

2 Likes

Mabrey reminds me of Dave Jamerson, anyone else?

2 Likes

Just not getting key boards. Smith reminds me more of Jamerson.

1 Like

Lairy needs a couple 3’s

We’re going to be just fine with Steele. He makes tons of in game adjustments and you can see a team developing already. Great hire!

3 Likes

Smith reminds me of Mecurio

3 Likes

That is a high compliment! I hope his career plays out that way.

1 Like

We needed Jive there tonight. He’s a rabbit’s foot at these road games in the state of Georgia.

3 Likes

Need to rebound! Bummer, Georgia made some big shots…but this could have been a win.

3 Likes

We may not win a lot but we won’t stink this year. Stupidest sentence ever written I know. But it’s true.

3 Likes

Lewis finally fouled out. What a great half he played. Got his 4th at the beginning of the 2nd half and made it to the last 30 seconds of the game. Stayed aggresive defensively all game too. Made some great plays.

3 Likes

Amazing effort Mehki!

4 Likes

Anybody but Greggie upset with this stage of reconstruction?

3 Likes

Why though…it was down, but why, we tried this with Evansville.

Lewis and Morris should be tough in the MAC!

Rebound!

1 Like