Game Week Northwestern

Apologies all, no harm intended, bad tasted joke.

Note that Nate Muersch has been moved from TE to WR behind Myles Marshall on this weekā€™s two-deep chart.

4 Likes

I noticed that - thought is seemed a bit odd. Got a hunch as to why?

2 Likes

Heā€™s been playing out wide all season

1 Like

Has there ever been any definitive description of what happened to Brett?

Donā€™t think so, there are privacy considerations, etcā€¦but heā€™s in a sling on his left arm (i.e., so shoulder or clavicle, likely).

Was sitting on the 45 Saturday looking for him and couldnā€™t tell and didnā€™t see anyone in a sling. Guess my new glasses need new glasses.

I did see a few things I couldnā€™t believe though. Forth and goal on the 6 inch line and running QB lined up in shotgun. They ran him under the center one time before on (I think) a 4th and short and made it. If ever there was a time to line up under the center and punch pick a gap and go. My new glasses couldnā€™t effā€™in believe it. That would have made it a one score game. Crazy

1 Like

Yea that 1st and goal series FAILURE was the end of Miamiā€™s chances to get the Victory Bell back home. By that point in the game UCā€™s D Line was dominating Miamiā€™s OL. Running up the middle wasnā€™t going to work. Bad Offensive play calling that series.

2 Likes

Yes- see my Game Day Coaching post- many game day coaching errlors

Not being able to run it in from inside the 5 is certainly a continuing issue. WE got stopped time after time in the final minutes of the Kent game last year. If just one of those plays would have scored we would have been in the MACC

The one time we did score from down in close on Saturday was by going outside. A rollout and a short pass for the TD. If they are bigger and stronger and outnumber us inside, you should be able to find somethin going outside.

3 Likes

And therein lies the problem. Chuck and his staff learned nothing from the experience at Kent and likely will learn nothing from the repeat at UC.

Iā€™d love if they rolled Aveon out inside the 10

Chuck made it a point in his weekly TV show with Bake tonight to emphasize ā€œweā€™ll be sure to get Northwesternā€™s best.ā€ No mention that weā€™re going on a business trip to win a football game. The boardā€™s expectations seem to be that we should be able to go up there and compete - with a solid opportunity to win. I wonder what happens if we go up there, ā€œget their bestā€ and come away with another 37-13 type loss. Itā€™s a nagging vision I have based on past history. Hoping for the best but dreading the worst, I guess.

Nothing.

2 Likes

ā€œ6:01 am - Click - Iā€™ve Got You Babeā€

2 Likes

When I watched that show I got two second half reviews and no first half. Is that what you saw?

1 Like

I got just the lead in, a jump to the second half review and then a repeat. So I manually moved it through a commercial and got to the third part.

2 Likes

That is what I got.

CFN says NW 31-23. Also writes Miamiā€™s run D is good because MUā€™s Pass D is so awful. NW averages 320 pass yards a game with 64 % passes complete.

1 Like

Iā€™ll say 26-17ā€¦NW a bit hungrier for a win here than Miamiā€¦actually, to be clear, the pressure will be greater on Fitz to deliver than on Chuck. Just my sense.

1 Like