Game week -- Kentucky!

I believe he was hurt at the Saturday Showcase or whatever it was called.

Rohrs was 1st team Div 1 All-State at Marysville, who was/is loaded.

1 Like

Yep. But still a huge jump from starting against Upper Arlington to starting against a good SEC squad on the road. Wishing him all the best!

1 Like

Well heā€™s on the listā€¦no guarantee heā€™s needed or playsā€¦letā€™s hope not as that means our top guard went down.

Also what weā€™ve seen in pastā€¦maybe Caleb Seich would come in (i.e., the next top guard regardless of positional side). Guys move around on OL, especially in these type games (whomever is the most comfortable or ready). That said Gavin checks in @ 6-4, 317, maybe heā€™s that good (3 Star kid).

I doubt we see him, but has there been any info or August camp hype/observation of Malachi Clark?

4 Likes

I donā€™t think the two deep says heā€™s startingā€¦

3 Likes

Correct, he sustained a leg injury.

1 Like

True. But in my 60 years of watching college football Iā€™ve seen a lot of rotation of ones and twos during many games, particularly early in the season when itā€™s hot and kids frequently have cramps or get dinged up but players they might be overmatched against. Iā€™ve seen twos get a lot of time even when the ones just need a blow. To me, being listed on the two deep usually indicates some playing time for most players who arenā€™t long snappers, Place kickers, punters and quarterbacks.

1 Like

You mean undisclosed lower body injury.

Anyone else notice that Kobe Hilton is listed at 265 lbs., down from 297 lbs.?

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen some weird things with weights in the depth chart. They just changed a TEā€™s weight by like 50lbs

Edit: just checked, it was 72lbs

1 Like

Maybe that TE has a tape worm.

1 Like

Bash! Thatā€™s genius! Idea: you make up outlandish medical conditions your players are recovering from: RiverBlindness. Leprochy. Cat scratch fever. This could be amazing.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

If the 30 lbs isnā€™t muscle, then the lost weight will just make him more agile and fast If he is still just as strong with his squats, power cleans, and benchā€¦ Nothing wrong with that at all.

2 Likes

Iā€™d rather have a tall 280lb offensive lineman who is fast on his feet for pass blocking and just as strong as a 320lb offensive lineman who is slow and canā€™t move at the same strength to try and fit into some box of a typical weight and gets beat off the edge over and over.

2 Likes

Rusty Feth dropped ~20#ā€¦granted playing center, but he went from 320 something to 305.

Collier and Hilton seemed switch rolesā€¦assuming weight is not typo.

Think Hilton @ ~280 would be better in OOC, maybe works well in conference play.

Strong trumps plump.

2 Likes

Not that outlandish, Carson Meyer (hockey) transferred to OSU a few years back after he felt like the medical staff didnā€™t properly treat him when he had a tapeworm. No one figured out why he was so sick until after. IIRC he was so sick that one opposing coach thought he was undergoing chemo.

4 Likes

So youā€™re saying this idea is plausible? Iā€™m in!
Bash, write up the business plan post haste. Having gone to CCCC for my MBA Iā€™m unfit to do so.

Heā€™s gonna transfer to Ohio State next

1 Like