Game week -- Kentucky!

you are thinking of Michael Bush who was a QB/RB…6-2, 245ish…anyway, yeah it’s just a Chuck Martin thing, that I’ve yet to see motivate us to a win, so I don’t get the woe is little old us attitude.

Just say the QB is a beast, it’s a typical upper tier SEC team and we’ll have out work cut out for us…instead “their QB is bigger than everyone on our roster!”

2 Likes

Not quite as bad as the “Ohio State gets the first 85 picks at recess before we get our first pick” quote.

2 Likes

Rodriguez won’t play against Miami, but he’ll be replaced by the back with perhaps the best name in college football–Kavosiey Smoke! Smoke doesn’t have Rodriguez numbers, but he is a dangerous ball carrier.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen a group of old men complain more since the nursing home ran out of Werther’s

3 Likes

Did you say Werther’s?
Mmm…Werther’s…

It’s what message boards were created for in our day!

That said we are “complaining” far less than Chuck…of course he’s a really old man by your definition.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with Chucks presser…: just idiot fans being idiots

1 Like

The comment in question seems to be more of a challenge to our defensive line after losing the entire two deep on the edge and our leading pass rusher from the linebacker spot. As for AJ Meyer, two of the top 4 DEs this year never met him and the rest have never tackled him. Since when did practices ever have contact on the QBs?

To put it in perspective, he’s 9 pounds lighter than Ben was at the combine. And he’s athletic at his size. So no, there’s not really a comparable the team has gone against.

Not sure why you area asking me about AJ, BTB brought it up…and his point was simply that it’s not like we are seeing some 250 pound robot at QB.

Our projected starters at DEs are from IOWA State, Rutgers and Woullard (6-5, 245)/Nasir Washington (6-4, 270) I think?

Both Woullard and Washington went against AJ, yes likely no contact (but it’s not going to be shocking lining up against a 6-3, 230# kid).

Suttle (6-4, 260) and to an extent Ugwu (6-3, 245) have seen this before in B12 and B10,11,16 (especially Suttle, as he logged some minutes)…so also not seeing it.

Like I said, I get it to an extent (and stated above there’s some good stuff in the presser above)…it’s just about, even in year 9, Chuck tends to want remind everyone this is the MAC and we are playing XYZ big boy. There’s about ~200 people listening to that presser…think they all know it’s the SEC.

Also, 75% of our projected DEs are from B12 and B10, as I expect Ty Wise to be blitzing as well.

Anyway, was hoping CM moved past it…is what it is…

This is hardly a complaint, and if Chuck did not have a history of this…probably would not even of mentioned. Presser starts strong…

PS Folks this looks updated (Ty Wise at DE) :

At the same time I have no idea who Virgil, Reginald is??? However, this looks like it has some detailed updates…and some obvious mistakes at RB.

Have not heard this name, but maybe in Two-Deep already, wow.

Here’s UK’s Notes (our notes are linked in UK’s):

2022 Football Game Notes – UK Athletics

Looks as though they plan on some double TE trickery…or maybe smash mouth with FB.

He’s been pretty active in camp. Very athletic, tall, and seems to have nice hands as well. Played both sides of the ball in HS.

3 Likes

Impressive…true frosh?

Looks like Ourlads is pretty accurate, minus typo at RB (Bester/Shelton listed as first options in Miami notes).

Direct link to the game notes:

Big concern IMO is the safety depth. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Salopek drop back and Nardone step into the LB spot.

A bit surprised to see Bester as RB1 after the prescribe report where Chuck said he didn’t think Bester was looking like his old self yet. I’m assuming the depth chart for RB is a bit more loose with Mozee, Snider, Tracy, and the rest.

Also, only 4 seniors on offense and 1 on defense. Pretty young team that I feel like sets us up for success long term.

2 Likes

Our secondary scares the shit out of me. I think teams will be able to pass all over us. Hopefully we can get some pressure on QBs, but that is still TBD as well. Really had hoped to see McDowell win a spot coming in, and maybe we will see him quite often…

1 Like

It’s beginning to look like the portal is going to keep us a “young” team for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

Good news is our interior D is in third year of playing time (all played or saw time for last two years)…the DEs, largely are transfers and third or four year guys in age or playing time.

In terms of secondary concern above Spanks: I don’t know John Saunders showed big time ability, the safeties include Salopek (assume they have him at LB for speed and pass coverage to start this one)…know nothing about the CB transfers, but hey we brought them in, so hope it was for good reason.

Running backs will be revolving door likely so not really looking at 2-deep as true indicator of PT.

2 Likes

As Chuck has been saying, I think our secondary is capable, but there will be some growing pains. My guess is Saturday night will be a learning experience for these guys. Hopefully that’s how they see it too.

Saunders has shown flashes of being an NFL caliber CB imo. McKee was one of the top CBs in FCS and should have no problem coming up to speed. My concern is being able to operate as a unit with the new scheme. I think by MAC play, teams will have a hard time moving the ball through the air. But I wouldn’t be surprised if there are some changes to the depth chart between now and then.

2 Likes

Interesting to see true freshman Gavin Rohrs in the two deep on the OL.

1 Like

OL Kolby Borders is not listed on the two deep. He played in eight games last year. Is he hurt or did someone beat him out of a spot?

Must be hurt, because they talked him up earlier in camp as a starter.