Game Week - Cincinnati!

I will be watching the game with friends. Miami has to play error free to just have a chance. These next 2 games give Smith and the whole team a chance to be a factor in the MAC East.

1 Like

Agree. If we’re really as good as has been touted, we’ll go 2-2 in the OOC and sweep the MAC schedule.

Pretty clear…we had our three chances 4 to 6 years ago…and they’ve pulled away.

We’ve had circumstances in some games, and have them again this year, oh well. Hope it’s just not a rout and we don’t pull some silly coaching antics.

2 Likes

I’ll be watching here in Colorado. We probably would be there if we were in our Ohio home. Unfortunately after talking with some of my friends who were in Oxford this past week I doubt if we can pull out a victory. Could be a rout and certainly there will be some dumb in game coaching.

2 Likes

First time poster here, I’ll be at the game, got tickets this week since many of my friends(UC Alums) are going as well. Plus because I bought my tickets a few weeks later than them, sitting by myself up in the 200s. Gonna be my second time going to a UC/Miami game at PBS

7 Likes

Get us a win!

3 Likes

Agree - Nebraska is not that good

My daughter said the bus company cancelled on Miami and now the band and team will be taking school buses from Oxford to Cincy

I guess time will tell if this is true but it seems pretty funny- although she wasnt laugjing

Who cares if it’s a school bus, coach bus, or van? It’s a 45 minute trip

2 Likes

Whatever happened to that plan to restore passenger train service between Oxford and Cincy? In the VERY old days that’s how Miami fans got to and from the game.

As long as it’s not a short bus.

4 Likes

Probably very low demand for rail service now.

Just reading the above is so frustrating. Can anyone here imagine Ohio State or UC rolling teams in school buses? Seriously? This all reads so bush league. MU needs to get its act together.

7 Likes

The process is moving slowly towards building an Amtrak stop in Oxford. It would sit on the line which already goes through town and which stops in Chicago, Indy and Cincy (and eventually goes on to DC). I think the number of trains per week would have to go up for it to be useful. Currently there are only three each way each week. Probably not going to get to the rate that you could have day trips to Cincy but would be viable to trips home for students who live near one of the stops on the line.

2 Likes

There was a plan to restore daily service within the past 10 years. I read about it kn the Oxford Press.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update!

Ohio State’s charter bus company:
“Uh, sorry Gene, but something came up and we’re going to have to cancel on the game coming up in three days. But we have the number of a school bus company that can probably spare a few.”

AD Gene Smith:
“Well, it seems like short notice, but ok, I guess. Send me the school bus number. Do you happen to know if the windows all go up and down?”

1 Like

For those heading to the game in Cincinnati this Saturday, MU has some pregame fun planned.

2 Likes

We have been getting blitzed lately at Nippert. However, the last two times we played in Oxford, we were ahead with 2 minutes to go. The last two times we played at Paul Brown ( Paycore)we were within a TD in the 4th quarter. Bengals stadium is not a neutral site, but it is far more fair and less intimidating than Nippert. UC has a very long winning streak there, and almost none of those wins have been close.

1 Like