Game Week - Cincinnati!

Should be a great game (hopefully), but just too busy of a weekend to go. Counting on you to rush the field after our game-winning field goal at the final gun!

3 Likes

If it ain’t in Yager, it ain’t a home game.

1 Like

I am going out on a limb here and predicting a MU win by a touchdown. Possibly ten points. As the late Great Vitas Gerulatis once said after ending his losing streak to Jimmy Connors: “nobody beats Vitas Gerulatis 17 times in a row.” I think the boys show up and are tired of losing. I think they come out and fight.

2 Likes

I think I want whatever you’re smoking! :wink:

3 Likes

Me too. Make mine a double!

4 Likes

Not wishing anyone to be out…and doubt it matters much, but Malik Vann (one of their top DEs) is out for the game…a WR that I’m not familiar with is a well (I think).

Honest question for some here…what makes anyone think this game will be close this year? We don’t have a QB that can hit a majority of passes, we have lost OL…UC is still good and lost on the road at Arkansas by just one TD…we are basically playing a road game. I don’t think we get within 3-4 TDs here, but lord I hope I am wrong

3 Likes

Yeah, Ben Bryant is pretty average but he’s still light years ahead of our QBs.

1 Like

I believe as well. Sometimes it’s just time….

4 Likes

I think my logic is not logical. Just feels like it’s possible and the time is right. If I’m wrong, you’ll laugh at me. But if I’m right, you will be asking me for hot stock picks instead of Eddie.

2 Likes

Bryant has an almost 68% completion rate with 5 TDs to 1 INT…his completion percentage against ARK was similar to Smith’s against RMU…I think Bryant deserves a little more credit here

Bryant is not the issue though…we’ve played him @ EMU, we know he’s solid (his comp rate in MAC was 68%, we lost 13-12 in a game we should have won with AJ) …it’s what our QB position can do, in the face of UC’s defense that is going to be the problem.

2 Likes

I have a feeling that our QB will be forced to run from the pass rush on most plays, so having Smith in there is going to hopefully give Miami a chance at avoiding some sacks.

One team has focused on building a program for the future whilst the other builds statues to memorialize the past. That’s how this game will go sadly

3 Likes

We totally have a legit chance in this game and I hope Chuck emphasizes that our team deserves to be on the same playing field as UC.

Who thought Marshall would beat ND?
Who thought App St would beat Texas A&M?
Who thought Ga Southern would beat Nebraska?

If we had no injuries, I think we would have a great chance in this game this year. However, I think we still have a solid chance in this and also, WE ARE JUST TIRED OF LOSING.

We will hopefully come out playing like we did against UK, but without the special teams mistakes and other “little” mistakes that cost us the difference.

Limit mistakes and we can win this.
So tired of losing…. We need this.
Best of luck to the coaches and team!

7 Likes

I thought GA Southern could beat Nebraska. Just sayin’

3 Likes

This could be the most profound statement I’ve ever seen posted on MHT…. :+1:

Here is some data for the curious;
Over the last 15 years (sadly, the last 15 were all losses), the average score has been 34-13
Over the past 10 years, the average score has been 32-14
Over the last five years, it’s been 31-13
Over the last three years, it’s been 35-9

1 Like

A few more score tidbits for the curious over the 15 year duration of the UC streak:
UC’s 5 highest point totals: 52, 49, 47, 45, 45
UC’s lowest point total: 10
Miami’s 5 highest point totals: 33, 24, 20, 20, 17
Miami has been shut out three times.

I figured all three Sun Belt teams had a punchers chance, especially Marshall, who caught ND still lamenting their loss to tOSU. It was the classic case of ND “letting a team beat them twice”

This year is probably the best chance we’ve had at beating the Bearcats since 2017. To do it, we’ll need to play with confidence and determination, execute our game plan, force turnovers and capitalize on them, and play pretty much mistake-free football. A win by us would truly be an upset because - as has been mentioned many times - our program is no longer on the same level as theirs.

1 Like