Game Week - Cincinnati!

I would love our chances if Brett were healthy. I think Coach Martin has finally adjusted his approach to the non-conference games and is trying to compete. UC has demonstrated what can happened when you invest in your football and basketball programs.

I do remember many on the old board talking about all the debt UC was building with their investments- obviously UC knew what they were doing. And of course it is spilling into the academic side where I am seeing more and more ratings showing UC ahead of Miami

But I am not sure Miami could have ever really invested enough to be a meaningful power. Attendance has never been great even when we were awesome. Going to school in the corn country Ohio isnt for everyone

Imo the only way Miami could’ve ever become a true football power is if we were granted land grant status in the 1860’s instead of the state legislature deciding to create OSU instead, though we’d be a fundamentally different institution in that case and Oxford would likely be many times larger than it is today.

1 Like

This country doesn’t believe in rail transportation. It’s too efficient.

1 Like

It is too inefficient in most of the country. Makes sense in dense urban areas like NYC.

1 Like

1 Like

The folks at Bluebird Transportation never cease to amaze me with their transit innovations.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/college-football-odds-picks-predictions-cincinnati-bearcats-vs-miami-oh-redhawks-september-17

Any Hawktalkers at the game. Lots of UC swarming around.

Do we have a decent presence down there or are we just a sliver of the stadium?

Looks ok. Hard to tell. Lots in the shade HOT! Way more UC. Regular folks cant get seats to regular games.

2 Likes

Broken clock right before kickoff, looks like Mike Brown’s check didn’t clear.

Fair catch at the 10?

1 Like

Whoa

Beautiful drive

Yea us so far. Looks good from here in Colorado.

TD, Smith to Hip! If anything it’s a million times better of a start than last season.

Hell of a start.

1 Like

10 am here. Good way to start the day. Go D.

Loved seeing Bolden put a nice block on Ivan Pace during that drive.

2 Likes