Game Week - Cincinnati!

I have a feeling that our QB will be forced to run from the pass rush on most plays, so having Smith in there is going to hopefully give Miami a chance at avoiding some sacks.

One team has focused on building a program for the future whilst the other builds statues to memorialize the past. That’s how this game will go sadly

3 Likes

We totally have a legit chance in this game and I hope Chuck emphasizes that our team deserves to be on the same playing field as UC.

Who thought Marshall would beat ND?
Who thought App St would beat Texas A&M?
Who thought Ga Southern would beat Nebraska?

If we had no injuries, I think we would have a great chance in this game this year. However, I think we still have a solid chance in this and also, WE ARE JUST TIRED OF LOSING.

We will hopefully come out playing like we did against UK, but without the special teams mistakes and other “little” mistakes that cost us the difference.

Limit mistakes and we can win this.
So tired of losing…. We need this.
Best of luck to the coaches and team!

7 Likes

I thought GA Southern could beat Nebraska. Just sayin’

3 Likes

This could be the most profound statement I’ve ever seen posted on MHT…. :+1:

Here is some data for the curious;
Over the last 15 years (sadly, the last 15 were all losses), the average score has been 34-13
Over the past 10 years, the average score has been 32-14
Over the last five years, it’s been 31-13
Over the last three years, it’s been 35-9

1 Like

A few more score tidbits for the curious over the 15 year duration of the UC streak:
UC’s 5 highest point totals: 52, 49, 47, 45, 45
UC’s lowest point total: 10
Miami’s 5 highest point totals: 33, 24, 20, 20, 17
Miami has been shut out three times.

I figured all three Sun Belt teams had a punchers chance, especially Marshall, who caught ND still lamenting their loss to tOSU. It was the classic case of ND “letting a team beat them twice”

This year is probably the best chance we’ve had at beating the Bearcats since 2017. To do it, we’ll need to play with confidence and determination, execute our game plan, force turnovers and capitalize on them, and play pretty much mistake-free football. A win by us would truly be an upset because - as has been mentioned many times - our program is no longer on the same level as theirs.

1 Like

I will be watching the game with friends. Miami has to play error free to just have a chance. These next 2 games give Smith and the whole team a chance to be a factor in the MAC East.

1 Like

Agree. If we’re really as good as has been touted, we’ll go 2-2 in the OOC and sweep the MAC schedule.

Pretty clear…we had our three chances 4 to 6 years ago…and they’ve pulled away.

We’ve had circumstances in some games, and have them again this year, oh well. Hope it’s just not a rout and we don’t pull some silly coaching antics.

2 Likes

I’ll be watching here in Colorado. We probably would be there if we were in our Ohio home. Unfortunately after talking with some of my friends who were in Oxford this past week I doubt if we can pull out a victory. Could be a rout and certainly there will be some dumb in game coaching.

2 Likes

First time poster here, I’ll be at the game, got tickets this week since many of my friends(UC Alums) are going as well. Plus because I bought my tickets a few weeks later than them, sitting by myself up in the 200s. Gonna be my second time going to a UC/Miami game at PBS

7 Likes

Get us a win!

3 Likes

Agree - Nebraska is not that good

My daughter said the bus company cancelled on Miami and now the band and team will be taking school buses from Oxford to Cincy

I guess time will tell if this is true but it seems pretty funny- although she wasnt laugjing

Who cares if it’s a school bus, coach bus, or van? It’s a 45 minute trip

2 Likes

Whatever happened to that plan to restore passenger train service between Oxford and Cincy? In the VERY old days that’s how Miami fans got to and from the game.

As long as it’s not a short bus.

4 Likes