Embarrassment

I don’t think he was ever DC for Notre Dame, I think he a position coach and then became OC, not sure but I thought I remember that from way back when he got hired.

1 Like

I agree with Blues. Who cares about ND or GVS? Miami’s program improved from horrible to respectable (top half of the MAC) starting midway through Chuck’s third season at Miami I believe. Unfortunately, from year 3 to year 10, the program has stayed at the same respectable, but mediocre level.

Similar to the baseball program, time for a change after 10 years.

3 Likes

As I do a little introspection, I look at myself and wonder: what have I done the last ten years? Is it possible Chuck has better results than me in that time? And also, if the past is irrelevant, then why do people want job experience on a resume? I’m more confused than ever now.

On what basis are people thinking Chuck will move up?

1 Like

I think you are correct. I misremembered. He was DB coach.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Your previous post only talked about his head coaching career, which you clearly know nothing anout

Posters on this board obviously have more passion for Miami FB, (as is to be expected) than does either the AD, the University’s President or the Board of Trustees. Here’s why:

The former group cares about winning conference championships, bowl games, etc. while the latter group only care about average performance and not embarrassing the University with bad kids, scandals, etc., etc.

Final point, it looks to me that the salary needed to attract a decent head coach in the MAC will now settle right around $1 MM with a substantially larger assistant pool than Miami now likely is paying. There just does not appear any extra funds for those type of expenses; therefore, CM remains an affordable option to those who are responsible for writing salary checks.

Not a real chance, but not - run, run, pass - surrender.

I did not see Buffalo or Toledo or NIU (okay fine it was BC) take that approach and then say, “well I mean the resources.”

Then again our coach feels it necessary to remind the most obvious factor facing Miami in the game, whilst wearing a sweatervest and “dickie” in 95 degree heat and 90% humidity.

Maybe that was the problem - heat exhaustion from the OC, lol.

1 Like

If you can find it, watch a replay of Toledo at Illinois. Watch Jason Candle’s play calling on offense or whoever is calling the plays. Then contrast it to what you saw Miami call. Just using Phil Steele for comparison purposes, Illinois is picked by him to be third in the B10 West. Hurricanes picked for 5th in the ACC. So comparable. Hurricanes a bit better per Steele. Toledo lost to Illinois in the last minute of the game. RedHawks were never in their game.

3 Likes

I think Brett this week needs to go public with “Minutemen? We last way longer at Miami?” In fact, he needs to come up each week with something that puts an X on his back to take the pressure off the rest of the team.

3 Likes

LMAO!

1 Like

Only need to panic if Miami losses to UMASS Saturday.

The Canes might end up having a great season.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, Miami went “run, run, pass” six times on Friday. Four of those sequences were at the start of the drive. Out of 12 total drives.

On 19 first down plays, we ran it 10 times, threw it 9. Second down it was 10:5 run to pass.

I know there’s a lot of angst over the playcalling, but Friday was a Jimmy & Joe’s game instead of X’s and O’s. Miami of Florida were bigger and faster. They had their way on both lines of scrimmage. I would have liked a better showing but, in my opinion, the talent discrepancy was on display no matter what plays were called.

Now, if the offensive production looks like this against UMass…

2 Likes

Miami of Florida went “run run pass” four times all game…

EDIT: Penalty occurred in between two of the instances of r/r/p, which I didn’t originally catch

1 Like

3-27 vs other non-MAC FBS opponents since 2014.

I didn’t expect to win the game, because of the size and talent discrepancy. However, I think the less talented team needs to be far more creative and aggressive with play calling to help close some of the gap. There were a couple of 4th downs that Chuck punted and I think he should have gone for it as well. What do you have to lose? If the aggressiveness doesn’t pay off, you lose 45-3 instead of 38-3. Who cares?

I’m guessing the players would love a coach who sends the message to his team that we’re here to win. And we’re going to be aggressive and try anything to win, particularly with an experienced Qb.

Chuck did the exact opposite Friday night. The message was….let’s try not to get destroyed.

2 Likes

Northwestern last year, who were the other 2 wins?

Get ready to panic.

2 Likes

UMass to break the streak in 2014 and North Texas in the Frisco Classic. On the other side multiple losses to UC, three to Marshall, a couple to WKU and Army and a single loss to UAB plus multiple losses to P5 teams.