Embarrassment

Do they have a young coach who wants to prove himself and beat every team on the schedule?

1 Like

Or Chris Creighton

2 Likes

This is going to come across as picking on you, but it’s not, because I’ve seen other people say this as well.

What, exactly, was so special about Lance Guidry? He won a bowl game against MTSU, which we’re all happy about, sure. But when he was given the keys to a program, he got fired after 3 years at a 1AA school. Why does anyone think he has an “it factor” or whatever you’d call it that Martin lacks? He’s already shown he can’t produce sustained success in lower divisions.

That was a batshit decision at the time by their AD that’s only gotten worse with retrospect.

Year 1: 6-5
Year 2: 9-2, ranked #18 in FCS, robbed of a playoff berth by the committee
Year 3: started the season 5-1 (only loss to FBS ranked BYU) and got as high as #6 in the FCS rankings, then lost 4 of their last 5 after their starting QB got injured

That was somehow determined to be worthy of firing.

They’ve gone 18-24 and have only had one winning season since then.

3 Likes

If you look at Chuck on paper he’s hard to argue against: 2 national championships at d2 level, was defensive coordinator in the national champ game d1 for Notre Dame. Certainly better creds than a guy with a 3 year run at McNeese. That said, this is a what have you done lately kind of job so I would imagine the pressure ramps up every year unless you win a bowl game or the MAC.

CM seems to be very good at rebuilding a program. Regardless of what he does this year if I were AD at Northwestern I would consider him. I think his ceiling is after the rebuild. I don’t see him getting Miami to a Mac Championship. I also think I have made it clear that I like CM. I’m not going to pretend to understand him but I appreciate his coaching skills and dedication to the game.

6 Likes

Lol wut?

You know nothing of Lances career

Hes the only coach since Hoeppner to show any type of public passion. Miami’s football program has been like the Pirates lately, playing because they have to…and im specifically referring to the coaches.

1 Like

Maybe we need to put in a clause like they did to Ferentz at Iowa. Win at least 7 games and average 25 points a game or you’re gone. He’s up a win and down a point.

I also know that he’s a serial DUI offender. Does that count for anything?

We’re now defending Chuck on having zero DUIs or at least not being a serial DUI offender.

Can’t coach offense or develop a creative offensive game plan, but he doesn’t have DUIs on his record.

2 Likes

Point is, I don’t feel strongly about Lance Guidry but give us a coach who can breathe life into the program. Chuck doesn’t have it. He’s a condescending goof who can’t coach at a high level.

3 Likes

I’m not even really defending Chuck at all, just confused about why Guidry is apparently The Man, apart from the one time he won a bowl game.

1 Like

Again, he’s the last Miami coach who showed enthusiasm for the game.

2 Likes

I believe he was the offensive coordinator for Notre Dame

2 Likes

You may be right. I’ll ask my friend the Googler

1 Like

Chuck was the DC for Notre Dame before switching to OC. I believe he was the OC in the year they reached the national championship game.

2 Likes

So I’m oh so wrong and oh so right? Basically, I’m Costco pizza then.

1 Like

Here is my suggestion. Let’s forget about what CM did prior to getting to Miami. Totally irrelevant now. He is in year 10 at Miami. Let’s grade him on those years.

10 Likes

I’m the wrong person to ask here. If he wins the MAC and a bowl he’s not going anywhere save for up. If he craters maybe he’s out? Hard to know.

2 Likes