December 2024 Portal

I think you’re right.

Absolutely!

Yes. See Pitt.

I think there are a few reasons why Martin and Co. have done really well:

1. They steal a few guys from P5 schools, but they’re pretty regularly the top G5 school for guys who end up going P5. When they realize they want playing time sooner, the staff already has a relationship. Hippenhammer comes to mind.

2. When you’re coming from P5 programs with great facilities, you don’t want to downgrade to this: University of Akron Athletics. I think you’d rather maintain the high standard and go with this: Randy Gunlock Family Athletic Performance Center - Facilities - Miami University RedHawks

3. The staff has a lot of connections and it seems like when players transfer amicably, their former coaches have positive things to say about Miami’s staff

5 Likes

Here’s why I disagree for Miami: Chuck has also shown he’ll start a true freshman if they’re good enough.

1 Like

Makes sense

Only once at QB.

3 Likes

Gus started as a RS Fr too. Once he finds his guy, he’s pretty consistent with them.

2 Likes

Deshawn Pace is transferring.

https://twitter.com/Deshawn_pac3/status/1729605399844725134

Uh, how weak is Cincinnati’s NIL program if the quote he gives when transferring is “don’t do it for free”??

3 Likes

Self proclaimed “HOMETOWN HERO”?

Bit full of himself maybe???

The Amazing impact a hometown hero can have on a city- yeah ok.

2 Likes

Pretty sure others have to declare you a hometown hero.

2 Likes

The most respect that can be shown to Brett Gabbert would be “ it’s time to join the coaching staff”
and stay healthy.

3 Likes

Agree Martin has been great at using the Portal.

2 Likes

I meant again. My apologies for my imprecise verbiage.

1 Like

He is graduating and still has two years of eligibility, he might like finding a place where the job is his and where they want a running QB. Most of the guys who have transferred have done so after graduating with their Miami degree.

It’s sure getting expensive to maintain a seat at the grownups table!

1 Like

I understand Miami is giving coupons to Phan Shin, Doughboys, La Charra, and Graeters, and a free cookie at Insomnia!

3 Likes

…and unlimited Skyline! :spaghetti:

3 Likes