CM job security

How many here think Chuck gets fired? I think he is at Miami as long as he wants to be.

1 Like

I would tend to think he gets one more year but that the AD will have some heart to heart with him about how to get over the hump. Likely a staff overhaul on offense.

5 Likes

You’d think Sayler was already pissed about Gabbert’s meaningless injury vs. Kentucky, and who knows, this latest bungle by Chuck in key player’s healthy may be enuff to stir him into action.
Time for Chuck to go or allow him to finish contract if he revamps assistant coaches. Firing the OC should be a DEMAND of Sayler.

2 Likes

This

3 Likes

The lowest paid FBS coach in the country makes 600k. You aren’t getting a good coach for 200k.

1 Like

You should all check out Dabo Sweeney’s latest press conference. Very enlightening. “I don’t grow weary.”

1 Like

Tyou for the context. Had no idea it was so high!

Only way to fire OC is extend HC…no one is coming without security for a couple years

2 Likes

It is the coaches responsibility to protect the player from himself.

4 Likes

Well, that’s a point I hadn’t considered until Nescafé’s and Skins pointed that out. Ps I means Nescadad but that autocorrect is kinda awesome.

1 Like

It’s kind of amazing that the administration says it can’t afford to fire someone, but is willing to see game after game of non-paying empty seats and abject apathy.

5 Likes

I’m reading a few overreactions on the final play. I can understand pulling your starting QB towards the end of a game when your getting destroyed and beaten up by a physically dominating opponent early in the season (Kentucky).

I have no problem letting him finish out the game against his biggest rival. I’m proud of the players and coaches for not throwing in the towel and playing to the final whistle. Brett needed to get the ball away quicker on that play. The pocket was collapsing…he got tackled from behind. Unfortunate but that is football.

There are 1 million and one reasons to be done with Martin. This isn’t one of them. Chuck isn’t going based on of what a hypothetical panel of D1 coaches would or wouldn’t say.

1 Like

In grand scheme of things, given UK and his overall health and/or staying on the field issues (with Brett being main hope to get to bowl eligibility), not a great call. Smart coaches make the right calls in key moments (we’ve seen this before).

But as I said above…it’s on Brett as well, once he goes out there, it’s between the lines…and as you said pocket broke down, just get rid of it.

Like I said in another post, we’re paying $800k a year to slowly but steadily kill our football program. Is that a good investment?

5 Likes

Like I said somewhere else, if Brett was still in the game on the final series, he should have been handing the ball off for three belly series runs between the tackles and letting the clock run out. That last series was another example of irresponsible coaching. But hey! Ballcoach1 likes your post.

3 Likes

It’s sooooo much money for so much mediocrity

4 Likes

There are a few rather disturbing comments on a post on the Miami Football Facebook page. It’s the post that had the final score of Tuesday’s game. One poster toward the end of the comments section has posted some concerning but undocumented second hand comments. Very strange.

Care to elaborate, Nescacdad?

It’s Facebook, so take what was posted with a huge grain of salt… followed by a tequila chaser.

2 Likes

The OLine coach is solid. Patton is over-qualified for the rest of this staff. He won’t be around long before he is off to bigger programs again.

1 Like