Buffalo vs. Miami

Fell asleep before the game, but re-watching before my rotator flight…that drop by Wilkins…woof…

Nope. It’s laziness when it comes to student support. Forget football and Maction for a minute. There is always a team with a midweek game in some sport. We used to watch all kinds of non revenue teams mid week if we had friends who played. Many of the missing fans were prolly having a midweek beer uptown. I think the body of proof has been met times a million to prove me right in my assessment. Your team is 8-2 and has a home game to clinch. Show up!

1 Like

Both the student and alumni side was far less than the Akron game. I can only assume it was more weather related- both nights were nice for November but last week was nicer

Hopefully we get a good crowd for Detroit

2 Likes

They were dressed down in OSU sweats to wash their daddy’s BMW.

Toledo really rolled into BG on Tuesday.

I can’t really blame students. A: Its a week day game, B: the stadium is about as far away from the majority of dorms as you can get, C: Theres NOTHING around Yager to keep people around the stadium, D: Our team is BORING to watch right now, unless you like bad QB play.

Glad to see everyone enjoying the big win and not beating a dead horse about attendance.

A few thoughts about the game:

Amos is possibly the most complete RB we’ve had in a long time.

I didn’t think Aveon played poorly. As blues pointed out, he isn’t turning the ball over which is the biggest thing. He made a few nice throws downfield and missed a couple others. 14 carries is about right for him imo. Overall I saw some signs of improvement, which is encouraging.

Nice to use the TE some. Bolden isn’t a game breaker, but he has decent hands and runs hard.

Not much else to say about this defense. Play of the game by Dowell. Just a tremendous effort. Suttle is obviously compromised. Proud of his effort, but I would definitely sit him for the Ball State game.

9 wins, MAC East champs. Enjoy it a little bit friends

9 Likes

Well until they build the Monorail to the stadium (Monorail? Monorail!) they will have to find some other way to get there. Uptown was a far walk in the winter as well. Yet many persevered and found a way for those cheap beer promos. 8-2 teams come once a decade. No one will change my mind here. The toiling student narrative sounds so nice. Quaint even. That said…Show up! It’s one night for a couple hours.
Rant over. Time to get more coffee to ramp up for new rant.

1 Like

Kind of funny when Boiman and crew were discussing CM only had one title in last 10+ years, ha.

Cant happen if want a chance against Rockets…only so many catchable balls.

Great win. Agree with post “screw dumbass students” for not showing up. Team deserves more support.

9-2 and East champs and listed and crowd in box score reads 7000 . Looked like 800 on TV.

AV did what he had to do to win

2 Likes

A special thank you to Michael Dowell from those of us who took Miami -7.5. Also had the under in a parlay. I owe that guy a beer.

5 Likes

I thought it was AVs best game to be honest

He had a dropped td pass that if caught really improves the stats

And we play so slow that most teams would have another possession or two

We had 52 offensive plays and 3 were knees

In comparison BG had 81 and Toledo 57

Ohio had 65 and cmu 54

4 Likes

Same! He’s the best!

There is nothing more MHT than people who didn’t attend the game complaining that no one attended the game. Always breathtaking.

CHAMPIONS. Just shut up and enjoy it.

10 Likes

As a tremendously superstitious sports viewer I can’t tell you the pain Miami inflicts upon me year after year. I watched on 4 TVs last night. First one was OK then I switched to my exercise TV then tried to watch on larger one. Things went badly there so immediately turned it off and switched back to first one. That starting getting ugly so I had to turn it off and not watch any more. Then after checking score, turned back on and immediately bad things started happening so turned it off until we had the ball the final time. Whew! And yes, my family thinks I’m crazy. I still blame my wife for the loss of a national championship in hockey. I pleaded with her to leave the room. Nope.

Great win! Now go win that redbird rivalry.

2 Likes

Last year was last year. This year, AV is protecting the ball and not turning it over and he deserves credit for that. The offense is doing enough to win. That is all you can ask. I was thinking about this over the weekend and the closest comparison I could think of was the Steelers this year with Pickett. QB does enough to let the D win the game along with special teams. Will this offense be enough against Toledo? Truthfully, I have my concerns. But I am also going to give AV credit where credit is due. And he is protecting the ball this year and not turning it over.

5 Likes

Two things. Glad to hear in the post game presser that CM is going to try to win against BSU and not rest the starters. Said if Gage is healthy he will play. Not many MAC teams win 10 games, and he is right. So I am all for going for it. That being said, if we can get a bit of a lead in the 4th quarter, I might pull a few and I would like to get our backup QB some meaningful snaps, maybe even throw a pass or two. Never know when he will be needed.

Secondly, I feel somewhat vindicated as all year I have called for Javon Tracy to get more involved in the offense, and last night he was given that opportunity and produced. Same with using the TE. I said in a text thread before the game I was disappointed with how little we are throwing to our TE, even with Coldiron out. So glad Bolden got a couple looks.

1 Like

I thought the gameplan was much improved from Akron, just wasn’t executed very well. Too many drops by WRs (and returners, but it didn’t cost us).

ST with two mistakes made it closer than it needed to be.

All in all, I’m not complaining about a win but we have to play MUCH better to have a shot against UT in Detroit.

4 Likes

Lost our QB and best WR and still came out on top. Kudos to the staff and huge respect to the team!

Apathy is alive and well in the student body. Anger about that apathy is also alive and well. I love it.

Am I allowed to skip watching the MU hoops game on Friday so I can stay in a good mood?

2 Likes