Bowl Projections

Thanks for update, Nescacdad!

I guess there is a reasonable chance all MAC 6-6 teams will be bowling but also quite possible one or two MAC .500 teams will be “on the outside looking in” if there are a couple of upsets.

Cincy - I really only see three more that look like qualifiers- WVU over Kansas, TCU possibly over Iowa State and maybe Tulsa over SMU. That would get 7 of the teams needed eligible.

Realistically, 6-6 teams should (operative word being “should”) be okay. But hopefully that will be Kent’s problem tomorrow afternoon.

1 Like

Yeah maybe Troy and Hawaii…is the game in Hawaii? But yeah, you are right, it looks like the 6-6 teams might all get in…and sure hope we don’t end up there at 6-6 hoping to back into a bowl.

1 Like

Sounds like Jimmy Lake’s academically prowess could pay off.

I thought the PAC 12 had a rule that nobody could go to a bowl below .500

You’re absolutely right, Redsea! They passed the resolution in 2018. I wasn’t aware of it. Thanks!

Hawaii is at Wyoming.

Then Wyoming much more likely to win that one!

2 Likes

South Alabama is leading CCU 10-0 at halftime.

Coastal ties the game at 21 with 39 seconds left. OT pending.

Coastal eliminates South Alabama in OT 27-21.

TCU biting the dust 34-13 in the fourth quarter. That’s three eliminations so far - SJ State, SALA and TCU. There are four more automatics coming tomorrow.

2 Likes

Looking a bit better for the MAC 6-6 squads…

1 Like

Maryland eliminates Rutgers. Florida eliminates Florida State. A couple of surprises pending: North Texas leading UTSA and Hawaii up big at Wyoming.

North Texas up big, Hawaii too but I think 6-6 teams all have to be chosen before you get to 6-7 IIRC. Georgia State lighting up Troy so that’s a good development at least.

1 Like

So sad about the KSU loss today….
Not counting the UC game, 5 of our 6 losses were by a total of 22 points from what I count (4.4 pts/game).

We MUST get to a bowl game and MUST win the OOC FBS game as well!

Imo I’d rather lose today and win our bowl to go 7-6 than win today and lose the MACC/bowl to go 7-7. Not that we shouldn’t have aimed for 9-5 with Kent State/MACC/bowl wins, but if we get a bowl and Chuck gets the OOC monkey off his back then that’s a productive season even if there were plenty of missed opportunities.

2 Likes

Hawaii - because it always plays 13 games because of extenuating travel circumstances - is treated as a 6-6 team if it goes 6-7.

1 Like

North Texas absolutely destroying UTSA. Guess the Roadrunners will learn next year whether it made sense to give a CUSA coach $3.5 million a year.