Bowl Projections

No, they are below 6-6 teams if they go 6-7. However, they are above 5-7 teams.

2 Likes

Thanks MooreHawk. You are correct. They are kind of in a notch between the two groups. That provision apparently applies to any team that gets a 13th game because it plays at Hawaii, too.

2 Likes

Tulsa winning, North Texas won…V-Tech ahead…look for there to be a couple extra 6-6 teams than expected and Miami will be left home.

Virginia Tech wins to get to 6-6.

1 Like

Some teams will turn down bowls, I would think.

They’re up to 79 teams now of 82. Memphis, Tulsa, Syracuse, West Virginia, and LSU go tonight. USC and Cal could also become eligible depending on the next 2 weeks.

Tulsa kicks FG to go up by 10 over SMU w 4 minutes to play…Miami’s chances going down by the minute …

Is that 79 total including the FAU / MTSU game?

1 Like

West Virginia almost a guaranteed win vs. Kansas.

7-6 with a bowl win isn’t a disaster, but I wouldn’t call it a “productive” season. We lost to a bad OU team and didn’t win the East.

1 Like

…if we get a bowl bid…w our small fan base and lack of proximity to almost every bowl, we’ll be one of the first out if they have extra 6-6 bowl eligible teams…even the Quick Lane bowl would prefer EMU over us…

1 Like

Tulsa wins.

1 Like

I count 79 eligible without the MTSU -FAU winner. We better become really big Texas A&M, Kansas and Pitt fans this evening!

1 Like

and Tulane!

2 Likes

According to this article, Hawaii would only be bowl eligible if there are not enough 6-6 teams:

1 Like

Yep. We need Tulane to upset Memphis. They’d be a popular bowl invite. We’re not getting any help from Texas AM.

Looking like perfect storm of upsets to keep us home.

The worst we were ever treated was in 1998 in Randy Walker’s last year. We opened the season with a win at UNC and went 10-1, losing only at Marshall. We informally accepted a bid to the Las Vegas Bowl but when UNC became eligible, they disinvited us and invited them - even though we’d beaten them earlier. I think that was the catalyst that sent Randy to Northwestern.

1 Like

Well…the players don’t deserve being at home, but can’t say Chuck and Miami deserve a bowl…we’re a perpetual 500 team, who’s not won a game vs a FBS team in 8 years.

Unless some opponent lobbies for us…

Yep but in those days we actually had a decent fan base as well…now we could see the likes of Eastern Michigan get a bowl bid ahead of us…let that sink in a little. (Probably Ball State too).

1 Like