BG Game Week 2023

Yep. Our better teams will win the occasional game against them - particularly against their lower half teams. But we’d not fare well in a nine game conference schedule against them without really beefing up our programs and spending a lot more money.

This is incorrect. Sources confirm that BG sucks.

2 Likes

They don’t have to pay the Coach K mega contract any more and they have some very deep pocketed alumni/boosters. Tim Apple et al can probably keep him there, barring a top 10 tier job opening up.

1 Like

Does anyone have info re Gage’s and Nate Muersch 's availability for Saturday? Also status of Jermah Caldwell ? It is interesting to note that we appear at least on Game Notes to have continuing changes at CB.

1 Like

CM hasn’t mentioned Muersch, so that makes me think he’s going to be out a bit longer. Gage sounds more like a game time decision, but we’ll see. Sometimes CM will give an update on the Hawktalk show Thursday nights.

Not sure about Caldwell. Strader and McKee seem to be pretty locked in as the starting CB’s. Jayden Williams is back from injury and appears to be in the 2 deep now.

3 Likes

Somewhat off topic but I have been really impressed with Cade McDonald. Also, I just noticed that former Miami WR Chris Hudson is a grad assistant coach. Glad to see that. He had a great career going until a cheap shot on the sideline ended his career.

6 Likes

Muersch was in for at least one play against Kent.

Let’s not give BG too much credit for their defensive performance against Michigan. McCarthy made a lot of unforced errors, BG didn’t force him into any of those. BG’s weaknesses are pass defense and punting.

That said, BG has some talented skill people. They’ll bring an experienced QB with 2 good running backs and 3 good receivers into Oxford and challenge our defense. It’ll be bend but not break again. I’d be ready for a higher scoring game. Hopefully we can run the ball and shorten the game some after hitting some big plays in the passing game.

1 Like

The two deep is always who played the week before. Gage was in the two deep last week. It’s never up to date with injuries.

1 Like

Same reason Mike Tomlin can keep Matt Canada for theee years running; a lack of concern from leadership above, and a lack of urgency from Department leadership

Does anyone know where visitor fans typically sit these days? Buying tickets for Saturday and trying to decide which section makes the most sense for our group. I thought visitor fans typically sit on the press box side toward the video board, but wasn’t completely sure. I don’t want to buy tickets and be stuck with a bunch of BG fans. Also considering the student section side due to sun coverage as the day goes on.

historically it’s been press box side and the first two sections closest to the scoreboard, like you mentioned

The visitors sit far far from me!! :rofl:

Visitor section is now opposite the press box side, but still towards the video board. Section M

3 Likes

In the Gameday Central guide which Mr Jive so nicely attached visitors are typically in the purple sections 1 & 2.

1 Like

Who’s going to the game?

That’s been the case in previous seasons, but it changed this year or last. My guess is it keeps away fans further from Miami’s bench.

Seems odd a Visitors Section isn’t mentioned anywhere.

Uniform combo vs. BG

White helmet (Cancer awareness ribbons)
Red jersey
White pants

3 Likes

You expect the athletic website to actually have useful information? That request was included in my email… Crickets.