BG Game Week 2023

Bingo! Miami John gets it.

3 Likes

Gage not listed on the 2-deep this week. Still feels like there is a chance heā€™ll play though.

2 Likes

Iā€™m guessing heā€™s not ready yet but thatā€™s just a hunch. Could be a Friday walkthrough medical clearance though.

2 Likes

BGSU - the university - doesnā€™t suck. It just is not, nor will it ever be, Miami. Unlike Ohio, it doesnā€™t pretend to be Miami. BG is more like Kent or Ball State - former Teachers Colleges (Normal Schools) founded in 1910.

Due to Miamian Paul Brown, BG is the reason the Cleveland Browns wear Brown and Orange. But Paul
was wise enough to make the Miami Fight Song Clevelandā€™s original team song. Watch the old movie Fortune Cookie and listen to the sound track. The Browns have adopted another - quite hideous - team song in modern times but they still wear the ugly Brown and Orange owing to the uniforms they either borrowed or rented from BG at their initial training camp.

Brett seems hesitant to throw to the younger receivers. I understand why, however the only way to improve is to involve them. They have talent, they lack experience and confidence.

3 Likes

Or is it that we almost exclusively throw to the primary and the younger guys are not primary receivers?

2 Likes

There were way too many dropped balls at Kent. That canā€™t happen going forward.

2 Likes

BINGO!!!

1 Like

BG-GT game currently on ACC Network. Tech must be really, really bad, because BG looks pretty good. Quick, nice variety in the playcalling.

Donā€™t be a wuss, Miami fans. Get prepared and show up for every game - rain, wind, sunshine or snow flurries. There are many like this to chose from online.

For Godā€™s sake donā€™t wear an Orange one!

iCreek Rain Suit Jacket & Trouser Suit Raincoat for Men & Women Outdoor All-Sport Waterproof Breathable Anti-storm https://a.co/d/0AVIFl9

2 Likes

GT won at Wake Forest the previous Saturday. It was Wakeā€™s Family Day and it was Wakeā€™s first loss. The Deacs are 3-1, having beaten Vanderbilt, ODU and Elon. Elon beat FSC #4 William and Mary last Saturday.

1 Like

Tech isnā€™t great. They hired the wrong coach now two timers in a row. The ACC in general isnā€™t that far away from the top of the MaC. Our top three teams are competitive with every team save for Miami Florida State and Clemson. Duke is way improved but that wonā€™t be for long as Echo is going to land at a bigger opportunity very soon.

Most years, Iā€™d give the MAC a chance against BC, Duke, Wake, Ga Tech, VA Tech, Virginia NC State and UNC. And if you look at the historical data, Iā€™m prolly already correct. MU has beaten 2 on this list in the past. Northern beat BC this year. Now the growling bean wins at Tech.

What are you smokinā€™ out there, Yellow one?

Florida State, Miami, North Carolina, Duke and Clemson would blow all three of the top MAC teamsā€™ doors off this year. Ohio, Miami and Toledo might be able to hang with Wake, NC State, GT, BC, Virginia and VT. Undefeated Marshall - from the Fun Belt - just squeaked by struggling VT in Huntington. But the top of the ACC is either elite or near elite.

Reread my post. Slowly, carefully this time. With real focus.

2 Likes

ā€œThe ACC in general isnā€™t that far away from the top of the MaCā€

This!

Nobody in the MAC is anywhere near elite. The ACC has five teams that are either at or very close to that level.

Guy. The MAC just beat two teams from the ACC. In one year. Two not very good MAC teams I might add. You donā€™t think Toledo or OU or even MU would compete and have a chance to win against the bottom rung of the ACC? Like for real you think that? Ps, now CAL and SMU are coming along with Stanford. None are great. Top MAC teams have no chance there?

Again, top three teams in that league aside. Which are very good.

Ps. Syracuse. Get that game on our schedule. Even away. We can win that game.

1 Like

Chuck couldnā€™t instantly recall the fourth win by the MAC over a P5 this season. It was NIU over Boston College in the opener. The MAC has one more chance this weekend. Itā€™s WMU at Mississippi State. Both are 2-3. It the Broncos can pull off the upset that would give the MAC 5 pirate flag flyers over P5 programs this regular season.

1 Like

No I donā€™t. I think if you placed the top four teams from the MAC in the ACC they would finish in the bottom half every year - even when Stanford, Cal and SMU join.

The MAC four would be regularly slaughtered by at least five ACC teams. While weā€™ve upset UNC about three times, all of our wins have been close. The Tar Heels have creamed us in the vast majority of the games. Randy did upset a very good VT team once with a very good Miami team.

None of us are at a level to be able to complete (year in year out) with Wake, Virginia Tech, NC State or anyone the new western contingent. Cal only lost to Auburn by 4 this season.

The ACC currently has 6 teams in the top 30 in several polls. The MAC has none in the top 50.

1 Like

BGSUā€¦cks! You donā€™t live in the area that I do. I understand why the Miami fans that live in Cincy hate losing to UC. If we lose Saturday, I will hear more about that loss than any other loss we might have. This game always means more to me in general than a UC or OU game.

1 Like

My gut doesnā€™t agree with you but then again, my gut said to start Burrows and had I listened to my head, Iā€™d have handily beaten Eddie in our match up. Instead, I lost by a point! Doh. That said, the facts back up your argument. Take a look at what I found online. This pretty much proves you are correct. Scroll down to the last page. Interesting to note that over a 25 year period, the record against the ACC is terrible but the MAC had wins over like 8-9 different programs: UNC, NC State, MD, VA Tech, GA Tech, Virginia, BC, Pitt. Also, I was surprised at how many different MAC teams had at least one win over that time: Akron, Miami, Ball State, Temple, Northern, Western, BG, Marshal, Ohio.

https://mcubed.net/ncaaf/tvc/acc/mac.shtml

1 Like