BG Game Week 2023

You can still beat a P5 team while sucking. By definition, they do have a losing record, which can be justification for saying that, at least at this point, BG does, in fact, still suck.

1 Like

And Vegas agrees by putting them as 10 point underdogs. They arenā€™t good. We cover.

Every opponent is dangerous if you discount them and fail to commit to - and follow through - with solid execution.

1 Like

So what we seem to agree on is that BG Sucks, but they are to be considered dangerous.

2 Likes

No. Any team that beat us last year and just beat a 2-2 ACC team on the road does not suck. But they are to be considered a dangerous opponent.

1 Like

BGSUā€¦cks!

3 Likes

Sad thing is, itā€™s all fixable. If you care enough to fix it.

1 Like

BG has the 5th best offense and defense in the MAC for YPG against one of the toughest schedules. Sagarin has their SOS 45th, Kent 42nd, and Ball State 48th. Our SOS is 156th having played the 2 worst FBS teams and one of the worst FCS teams.

BGā€™s 3 losses were to undefeated Michigan, undefeated Liberty and 1 loss OU. They are the only team to hold Michigan under 400 yards (312) and turned them over 4 times. Michigan only has one other turnover all season.

BG is the only team to beat Eastern Illinois and Georgia Techā€™s other two losses were to ranked teams. BG won both games fairly easily.

I expect to win this game at home, but this is going to be a tough game.

7 Likes

Thank you!

Before last weekend, I had not been very impressed by either BG or Western Michigan, but both played better Saturday than we did so I am hoping Gage is back and we are aggressive offensively in these games because we will be challenged.

2 Likes

Definitely need Gage back. To have both him and Wilkins who flashed some deep threat, will open up both side of the field if we let them sprint for a deep ball! Excited to see what we can do with our WRs in MAC when all are healthy

1 Like

They do not suckā€¦we need to play well w a good game plan to win!

1 Like

Just look at last yearā€™s Northwestern win over Nebraska!

1 Like

Gentleman. The fact that BGSU cks is independent of the performance of their football team.

They are a solid team with a big out of conference win but still have the misfortune of representing Bowling Green State University.

They might win on Saturday. They will still suck.

4 Likes

The forecast revised this am showing showers Thursday,Fri,sat(38%)

Itā€™s not the temperature drop, itā€™s the winds behind it

1 Like

So instead of sucking, BG actually blows.

Gee, when I said they didnā€™t suck, people strongly disagreed. Must be my aftershave.

1 Like

We need to diversify our offense. I donā€™t know if it is the play calling, Gabbert locking on guys or what, but limiting our targeted pass catchers to essentially three people isnā€™t exactly a long term recipe for success.

5 Likes

BG stunning GT is probably the best thing that could have happened to us mid-season. We could have been heavy favorites going into every game except possibly two going forward. BGā€™s win shows us that means very little if you donā€™t deliver your best effort every weekend.

1 Like